Kindly Evaluate This Practice Test (3)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
omar.rohaiem

Kindly Evaluate This Practice Test (3)

Post by omar.rohaiem »

In achieving personal happiness, our relationships with family, friends, and colleagues are more important than work and wealth. Do you agree or disagree with this?

(Given Introduction) The increasing pressures of today’s money-driven world can often cause people to gravitate towards material items. However, true personal happiness is rarely achieved through professional endeavors or wealth. Although these things may be nice extras, I agree that healthy relationships with family, friends and colleagues are the true keys to personal happiness. This will be shown by analyzing the often-lonely lives of many wealthy celebrities as well as the advice of older people who speak from experience.

First off, one should look at the lives of celebrities, since they’re occasionally highly regarded as role models and aspirations to many people. However, despite their fame and wealth, many celebrities with weak family ties, often end up lonely. For instance, Jim Carrey admitted in an interview that he saw the help of a psychiatrist after his two failed marriages. He was diagnosed with depression and was prescribed medication to aid him to battle this psychological disorder. Another broken family tie is Phil Collins’, who turned 70 this year and is currently battling his ex-wife over their possessions that include, but not limited to, several million dollars mansion. It is then obvious that one can’t assume that money and fame can buy happiness and result in strong family bonds.

Secondly, it is important to listen to older generations as they tell their own tales and share their experiences in raising a family. My father always put his family first. He always made sure to spend quality time with his family, and to leave his troubles and work issues at the door before entering the house to ensure we’re always brought in a healthy and happy environment. He also always advised me to choose a partner whom I like talking to. As we grow older together, this is the most important attribute that holds the marriage intact. Finally, when he was faced with the tough decision of pursuing his career abroad or staying with his family, he chose the latter option because he believed that quality time with his wife and kids cannot be made up for. Thus, I believe that watching this man as I grew up made me believe that family bonds and relationships are the most important thing in life.

(Given Conclusion) As seen above, professional success and wealth cannot buy true happiness, and this is a realization that all too often comes in old age. This essay has shown that the health of relationships with family, friends and colleagues is the genuine catalyst to lasting happiness. Thus, keeping in touch with people is much more than just a courtesy.