Writing task 2 please evaluate

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
habibka

Writing task 2 please evaluate

Post by habibka »

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship between people.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

===============================================================================================

The debate on telling the truth or not has been a long-running issue among philosophers. While many of those scholars believe that the truth is sacred and one should never lie, in others’ views it’s sometimes acceptable. I confess that telling the truth is important but I disagree it is the most important consideration in any relationship. In this essay, I will support my opinion with examples.

First of all, in many relationships, particularly in the corporate world, honesty does not matter at all. Take lawyers for example, in their career the art of bluffing is a defining trait of a competent attorney. In the court of law, lawyers usually do not consider morality instead, they talk eloquently and lie shrewdly to win the jury’s verdict. If they don’t do so, no one would hire them so they lie to put food on the table. Thus the motto of truth in any relationship seems to be too optimistic.

Secondly, even in friendships or marriage, always telling the truth is not only unnecessary but can be harmful. For instance, a friend of mine got divorced last month. All his quarreling with his wife sprang up from an honest opinion. His wife was excited about her new hairstyle but when she asked his opinion about it, he answered that he doesn’t like it, and quarreling began. If telling the truth might hurt someone’s feelings you love then the truth is not paramount. This is also in accord with the utilitarian philosophy which says increasing happiness is the most important thing to consider.

All things considered, the idea of telling the truth in every relationship, and all moments can be debunked. Because As as we saw above, in the corporate world it can harm one’s job prospects and in friendships, it can cause ill feelings. I believe that there is no single commandment for this dilemma and one should weigh up the consequences of lying in every circumstance.
goldcoastielts

Re: Writing task 2 please evaluate

Post by goldcoastielts »

IELTS 2.0+ course : https://www.goldcoastielts.com/course
IELTS essay check : https://www.goldcoastielts.com/essays
Online IELTS lessons : https://www.goldcoastielts.com/lessons
IELTS Freebies!! : https://www.goldcoastielts.com/freebies

YouTube - "TASK 2 INTRO" : https://youtu.be/WG2ujawMmVE

Thanks for your submission habibka!! Please see my rewrite below ... :ugeek:

INTRO:
The debate on telling WHETHER WE SHOULD TELL the truth or not has been a long-running issue among philosophers :) . While many of those scholars believe that the truth is sacred and one should never lie, in others’ views it’s ACCORDING TO THE VIEWS OF OTHERS IT IS sometimes acceptable. I confess that telling the truth is important, but I ALSO disagree THAT it is the most important consideration in any relationship. In this essay, I will support my opinion with examples. GREAT. :D

B1:
First of all, in many relationships, particularly in the corporate world, honesty does not matter at all IS NOT ALWAYS THE MOST IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION. Take lawyers for example, IF WE TAKE LAWYERS FOR EXAMPLE, WE CAN SEE THAT in their career the art of bluffing is a defining trait of a competent attorney. In the court of law, lawyers usually do not consider morality. Instead, they talk eloquently and lie shrewdly to win the jury’s verdict. If they don’t do so, no one would hire them, so they HAVE TO lie to put food on the table. Thus the motto of truth in any relationship seems to be too optimistic.

B2:
Secondly, even in friendships or marriage, always telling the truth is not only unnecessary AND can EVEN be harmful. For instance, a friend of mine got divorced last month. All his QUARELLING with his wife sprang up from an honest opinion. His wife was excited about her new hairstyle but when she asked his opinion about it, he answered that he doesn’t like it, and THE QUARELLING (referring back) began. If telling the truth might hurt someone’s feelings you love then the truth is not paramount. This is also in accord with the utilitarian philosophy which says increasing happiness is the most important thing to consider.

CONC:
All things considered :D , the idea of telling the truth in every relationship and AT all moments can be debunked. Because as (small 'a') as we saw above, in the corporate world it can harm one’s job prospects, and in friendships it can cause ill feelings (change the position of the commas). I believe that there is no single commandment for this dilemma and one should weigh up the consequences of lying in every circumstance.

Advice:
1. Don't cut 'that' from your sentences (in task 2)
2. Try to use multi-word coordination like "both .. and ..", "neither .. nor ..", "not only .. but ..", and "and can even be .."
3. Try to really understand referencing properly (a, the, this, that, these, those, it).
4. Be careful about your use of punctation, especially commas with embedded clauses. Commas are very important in English.

Band-score:
TA: 7.5
G: 7.0
V: 8.0
CC: 7.5
Anthony Schultz :arrow: :arrow:
Full-time IELTS teacher | Gold Coast, Australia
www.goldcoastielts.com