Everything You Want To Know About IELTS!

Share a copyright friendly link, video or MP3.
FastTrackIELTS

Everything You Want To Know About IELTS!

Post by FastTrackIELTS »

Hi,

My name is Jordan. I'm an IELTS tutor from the UK and I run the IELTS training website www.passmyielts.com. Have a question about anything to do with the IELTS exam? Ask here in this thread and I promise to answer. Here are some common questions below.

I look forwards to answering your questions! :mrgreen:

Jordan

Commonly asked questions:

What does IELTS stand for?
IELTS stands for 'International English Language Testing System' and is the world's most popular English exam - taken by around 2 million people per year!

Who accepts IELTS?
The IELTS exam is accepted by thousands (60,000 in fact!) of institutions including universities, immigration bureaus, government agencies and global employers.

What is the difference between Academic and General?
There are two versions of the IELTS exam - Academic and General. The reason for taking these exams vary however Academic is usually taken by students for study purposes while the General exam is usually taken for immigration or employment.

How much does it cost?
Fees for the IELTS exam vary - when you apply online you will be given the price.

What is the difference between Academic and General?
There are two versions of the IELTS exam - Academic and General. The reason for taking these exams vary however Academic is usually taken by students for study purposes while the General exam is usually taken for immigration or employment.

Which version should I do?
You should check with the institution you are applying for before paying your course fees to ensure you are taking the correct exam.

How long will it take to get my results?
Results are posted to you 13 days after the exam is completed. Some test centres are able to post the results online or through SMS text messages.

When can I take the test?
IELTS tests are available on 48 dates every year - usually around 4 times per month.
EXPERT IELTS WRITING TASK 1 & TASK 2 CORRECTIONS
WWW.PASSMYIELTS.COM/IELTS-WRITING