please help me check it and give me your comments , thanks

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
henryhai221

please help me check it and give me your comments , thanks

Post by henryhai221 »

3. Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to all students. Others believe that higher education should be available only to good students.
Discuss these views. Which view do you agree with? Explain why.

Some people believe that a college or university education could be registered by students who graduating from high school . Others believe that higher education is only for gifted students .I would agree that only good students would be college students .
The opportunity to go to university should be available to all students because some of them are not good at all subjects , they are just talented at some aspects . In addition , being a good student is assessed by general point average so it makes them cannot obtain high quality certificate . For example , natural science is strong suit for a few students as opposed to literature . So going to university may be the best way to people who are good at a couple of fields to develop personal strengths .
On the other hand , higher education should be restricted to outstanding students . Firstly ,it is really hard for bad students to perceive professional knowledge and complicated conception. It leads to time-wasting and expend lots of money for university but they could not be achieved anything . Instead of that , those students should find a job which is suitable for themselves . Secondly , based on this kind of scheme , it is easier for us to clarify brilliant students by university degree .
In conclusion , while many people believe that tertiary school should be valid for all students , there is a variety of reasons why university admissions might be limited for excellent students and I do agree with this statement.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: please help me check it and give me your comments , thanks

Post by Flick »

henryhai221 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:35 am 3. Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to all students. Others believe that higher education should be available only to good students.
Discuss these views. Which view do you agree with? Explain why.

Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to any student who graduates from high school. Others believe that higher education is only for gifted students. I would agree that only good students should become college students.

The opportunity to go to university should be available to all students because some of them are not good at all subjects, they are just talented at some aspects.(<--This contradicts your last statement.) In addition, being a good student is assessed by general point average so it makes them cannot obtain high quality certificate.(<--I don't understand this sentence.) For example , natural science is strong suit for a few students as opposed to literature .(<--Reword to: "For example, some students are better at science than literature, and vice versa.") So going to university may be the best way for people who are good in some fields to develop personal strengths.(<--How?)

On the other hand, higher education should be restricted to outstanding students.(<--You keep contradicting yourself. The beginning of each paragraph is an opinion, but whose opinion. Yours?) Firstly, it is really hard for bad students to perceive professional knowledge and complicated conception.(<--I don't understand this sentence.) It leads to time-wasting and costs the student a lot of money for no result. Instead of that, those students should find a job which is suitable for their knowledge and skills. Secondly, based on this kind of scheme, it is easier for us to clarify brilliant students by university degree .(<--I don't understand this sentence.)

In conclusion, while many people believe that tertiary education should be valid for all students, there are a variety of reasons why university admissions might be limited to excellent students only, and I agree with this statement.