Please can you check my W T2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Elhassan

Please can you check my W T2

Post by Elhassan »

Several languages are in danger of extinction because they are spoken by very small numbers of people. Some people say that governments should spend public money on saving these languages, while others believe that would be a waste of money.
Discuss both these views and give your opinion

Many languages from around the world are dying, and the numbers of people using them are declining. It is thought by many that authorities must save these languages from extinction by using money from the state treasury. However, I support those who believe that this is would be a waste of public money.

On the one hand, It is thought by many that minority languages tell a lot about the history of the people who speak this language, and they also add to the diversity of any country which makes a country has its own identity. That is why the governments should spend money to save these languages. For example, they can start many programs to raise the awareness of the importance of these languages and teach these languages by qualified teachers. Also, they can spend money to change the curriculum of the schools to the languages in danger of extinction.

On the other hand, I support those who believe that spending money from the state treasury to save a dying language is a waste of public money. The governments should use tax money to improve the quality of life of its citizens. Public money would be better spent on developing the education and health system, building affordable houses, and improving public transport. They also argue that if the number of people who spoke a certain minority language decline to a certain level, then whatever the governments do to save these languages would not be successful.

In conclusion, after analysing both sides of the discussion, I believe that public money is better to be spent in people survival needs, rather than in the luxury of saving a dying language.