Please give feedback for my IELTS task 1 writing

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
thanhame

Please give feedback for my IELTS task 1 writing

Post by thanhame »

The chart gives information about book purchases by age group and gender in the UK.
Overall, it can clearly be seen that females buy more books than males, and people age 45+ are the most likely to purchase a book. Fiction also gathered more interest as they fare better in the 25-34 demographic while having comparable performance in other age groups.
Looking at fiction, women are more likely to own a book as 60% have bought a copy while only 30% of men have. People also seem to buy more fiction as they get older, shown by the chart, only 40% of the 16- to 24-year-olds owned a fiction book while approximately 50% of the 25-34 age group and nearly 60% of people over 35 did.
Switching to nonfiction, It can be observed that men and women are equally likely to spend money on this category. The percentage of people buying in this category is at its lowest among people age from 25 to 44, at only about 30%. The number is significantly higher for the 16-24 demographic at nearly 50% and is most popular among people over 45 as 60% bought books of this category.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please give feedback for my IELTS task 1 writing

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

The second sentence of the summary is incorrect.

Vocabulary and grammar are good, so just change that one sentence and you will have a very good report.

All the best,
David
thanhame

Re: Please give feedback for my IELTS task 1 writing

Post by thanhame »

Dear Mr.David,

By "second sentence of the summary", did you mean that part where i wrote that fiction gathered more interest than non-fiction?
Would you kindly give me a hint on why it is incorrect? I feel like that part agrees with the chart and it's necessary to make comparisons between the 2 categories of book whenever possible

Also, what score can i expect for the above writing? I need at least a 6 in writing, but is currently aiming for a 7, just to be safe.