pls give me a band score for Task 1- taxi service

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0323

pls give me a band score for Task 1- taxi service

Post by rairaichan0323 »

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.
• When and where you used the taxi
• Describe a problem you have faced
• What do you expect the manager to do?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the unprofessional service of one of your taxi driver-John Chan and the taxi number plate is CX12345. Allow me to elaborate on why I am so perturbed.

Last night I initially hired the taxi service at 8pm from Wanchai to Hong Kong airport. However, the taxi driver was late to pick me up by 30 minutes and he did not give me any explanation or apology about the reason for late coming. To make matters worse, on the half way to the destination the taxi was broken down. Consequently, I missed my original flight and I had to pay extra two thousand dollars for getting on another flight.

Given the fact that it was entirely the fault of your taxi driver and I feel that I am entitled to request a full refund of my extra ticket payment. Your prompt response on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Yours faithfully

Janis Lam
durai

Re: pls give me a band score for Task 1- taxi service

Post by durai »

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the unprofessional taxi service. Please allow to elaborate why I am unsatisfied with your company.

Last night I booked the taxi service to go to Hong Kong airport form Wanchai at 8 pm. However, the taxi driver John Chan was late "to pick me up", discard by 30 minutes and he neither explain nor apologise for his late coming. To make matters worse, the taxi was broken down on the half way to the airport. As a result, I missed my original flight and I had to pay extra two thousand dollars for getting on another plane.

Given the fact that it was entirely the fault of your taxi driver and I feel that I am entitled to request a full refund of my extra ticket payment (do you mean the money you paid to get another flight, if yes, you cannot ask a refund, instead just ask them to pay the money that you spent for another ticket purchase. Your prompt response on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Yours faithfully

Janis Lam

overall good letter, but concentrate on wordings.

task response is clear but some grammar errors exists.

looks like band 6 .
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7