Attachments
Marriage.mp3
(2.87 MiB) Downloaded 225 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Marriage

Post by lmoore »

Thank you for sharing about the wedding customs in your country. By the way, which country are you from? It is helpful for the listener to know.

Here are a few areas to consider for improvement:
1.) Subject/verb agreement - You say, "Marriage play a central role. . ." It should be "plays."
2.) Expressions - We don't "marry with" someone. You can get married TO someone; you and someone can get married, or you can marry someone.
3.) Pronunciation - The word "register" has a soft "g" sound, as in "giraffe," not a hard "g" sound, as in "give." Also, I am not sure if you said the word "polygamy," but I thought I heard you say it incorrectly. You mentioned that it is becoming more popular today, but you didn't provide evidence of this. In addition, don't pronounce the "e" in "priest." It just sounds like "preest."
4.) Transitions - This speech uses very few transitional words or phrases, making it difficult for the listener to understand your moving between topics. For example, you jumped straight from telling where weddings happen to saying that people have to like each other to get married.
5.) Articles - You said "the 18 years old," but you don't need "the" here. People just need o be 18 years old to get married. You also left off the "the" before the word "government," but this word needs an article.
6.) Vocabulary - We wear wedding "rings," not "discs."
7.) Fluency - Your fluency was the best so far that I have heard in this one. There seemed to be fewer "uhs" overall, though there were still some concentrated in particular areas.

Thanks again!
Muxtar

Re: Marriage

Post by Muxtar »

hi Imoore ,thanks for listening .I will try to follow rules you noted