a letter about accommodation.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
allen_zhang

a letter about accommodation.

Post by allen_zhang »

You live in a room in college which you share with another student. You find it very difficult to work there because your roommate always has friends visiting. They have parties in the room and sometimes borrow your things without asking you. Write a letter to the Accommodation Officer office at the college and ask for a new room next term. You would prefer a single room. Explain your reasons.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to bring to your attention a problem with my accommodation.

Currently, I am sharing the room 302 with my roommate Alex. I would say that he is a very friendly person and quite sociable. However, his hospitality sometimes just crosses the line - His friends keep coming to visit him and they even have crazy parties here every few weeks. I can hardly find time to study here because of this. What is even worse is that he sometimes uses my things without even asking me, which is quite annoying and unbearable. It seems that sharing room equals to sharing everything to him.

Since sharing room with Alex brings great inconvenience to my study and life. I am wondering if it is possible to change my room next semester. It would be grateful if you can find a single room for me, because I really want some peaceful private time in my room.

I look forward to receiving your response.

Yours faithfully,

Allen Zhang
#1 2013-09-07 L7.5; R8; S6; W6
#2 2014-03-08 L7.5; R7; S7; W5.5
#3 2014-05-10 L7.5; R8; S6.5; W6
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S5.5; W7
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S7; W5.5