Please check my letter

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
npr.ielts7

Please check my letter

Post by npr.ielts7 »

You had purchased a toy online and upon delivery found that there was a problem with it. Write a letter to the manager of the toy company.
- Describe a toy that you bought.
- Describe why you think the toy is faulty.
- What do you want the company to do about it?

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to complain about the toy that I ordered on your online store on 21st September 2013 with invoice number ABCD1234.

I have purchased a remote controlled car from your website. It was advertised that the remote has operating range of 100 feet and can be configured to take voice command. I was very excited when I read about these features about the toy.

However, I found that the remote has less than 10 feet of operating range and trouble configuring my voice. I requested your customer care to arrange a replacement remote. It was promised that a replacement would be delivered within 5 working days. On the sixth day, I got a call from one of your executives informing me that this product is suspended from production and is out of stock. Therefore, a replacement cannot be arranged.

Since, I cannot use this toy without the remote, I request you to refund my money as soon as possible.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours faithfully,
Praneeth
IELTS Scores:- BC: (06/07/2013): R-8;L-9;W-6.5;S-6| IDP: (21/09/2013) R-9;L-8.5;W-6.5;S-6.5 | (09/11/2013) ????