Please Grade Me: An Interesting Conversation

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
Charmy

Please Grade Me: An Interesting Conversation

Post by Charmy »

http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/download/file.php?id=248

Describe an interesting conversation you had with someone you didn't know. You should say

- who the person was
- where the conversation took place
- what you talked about
- and explain why you found the conversation interesting.
Attachments
interestingconversation.mp3
(3.62 MiB) Downloaded 691 times
durai

Re: Please Grade Me: An Interesting Conversation

Post by durai »

Hi Charmy,

the topic you spoke is not in this current test period ( May - August)

Practice the one that belongs to this test period, you can find the present speaking topics at :

http://ielts-yasi.englishlab.net/PARTS_ ... DEX_P6.htm

its around 45 topics, you get questions part 1 and part 2, and its true in my experience, you can check with recent questions and topics on this web..

Good luck..
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7
Charmy

Post by Charmy »

durai wrote:Hi Charmy,

the topic you spoke is not in this current test period ( May - August)

Practice the one that belongs to this test period, you can find the present speaking topics at :

http://ielts-yasi.englishlab.net/PARTS_ ... DEX_P6.htm

its around 45 topics, you get questions part 1 and part 2, and its true in my experience, you can check with recent questions and topics on this web..

Good luck..
Thanks, but why does the topic I practice have to be in the current test period? Do you mean that if I take the IELTS test during May to August, the topic I'm going to encounter will probably be one of those?
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Charmy,
This sounds like an interesting conversation, for sure! We think of conversations as happening face-to-face, but you bring up an interesting point: that they can happen online as well.
The introduction to the piece was a bit long. I wasn’t sure where you were going with it or how it related to the topic of the speech. You eventually brought it around to the point, but I would suggest you be more direct in the future. For example, “I had an interesting conversation online when I was purchasing a logo for a website I was working on. This surprised me because. . .”
Pronunciation note: “Communication” isn’t pronounced like “commoonication.” Make sure you say the /u/ like “you” instead of /oo/ like in “spook.”
There was a bit of repetition in this speech, but just of a few phrases. Be careful of this, and I know you’ve been working on it and improving!
Grammar note: I should do this and this in order to success – I should do this and this in order to BE SUCCESSFUL. OR I should do this and this in order TO HAVE SUCCESS.
Nice work, and best wishes as you practice!
Charmy

Post by Charmy »

lmoore wrote:Hi, Charmy,
This sounds like an interesting conversation, for sure! We think of conversations as happening face-to-face, but you bring up an interesting point: that they can happen online as well.
The introduction to the piece was a bit long. I wasn’t sure where you were going with it or how it related to the topic of the speech. You eventually brought it around to the point, but I would suggest you be more direct in the future. For example, “I had an interesting conversation online when I was purchasing a logo for a website I was working on. This surprised me because. . .”
Pronunciation note: “Communication” isn’t pronounced like “commoonication.” Make sure you say the /u/ like “you” instead of /oo/ like in “spook.”
There was a bit of repetition in this speech, but just of a few phrases. Be careful of this, and I know you’ve been working on it and improving!
Grammar note: I should do this and this in order to success – I should do this and this in order to BE SUCCESSFUL. OR I should do this and this in order TO HAVE SUCCESS.
Nice work, and best wishes as you practice!
http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/download/file.php?id=269
Thank you A lot for the feedback! :D
Attachments
recording20140710221716.mp3
(200.51 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
ayman

Post by ayman »

1- long introd that weakly relates to the topic
2- a lot of ( a kind of )
3- more than 2 minutes

generally a good attempt for me