- Why do you like it so much?

Thanks Assessor!
Attachments
favourite animal.mp3
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 300 times
johnsky

Re: Favourite animal

Post by johnsky »

Hi, you have a cute voice, are you asian ? It appears your pronunciation of certain words is unclear, you need to speak more clearly and loudly. For e.g. when you said the word whales, it sounded waales, I didn't pick up the 'hhh' in the pronunciation. It is also sounds generic like you are memorizing things and speaking, you also tend to break before completing the whole sentence. Add me on skype, so we can both practice id: min.consult
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Favourite animal

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Paperheart,
Thank you for sharing about killer whales. They are certainly some interesting animals, aren’t they?
Pronunciation: It sounds like you’re saying “leaf” or “leeve” instead of “live.” Practice saying words with the short /i/ sound like “ship” when you say “live.”
Grammar notes:
- they prefer fresh fishes than normal fishes – They prefer fresh fish TO dead? fish. I’m not sure what you mean about the difference between fresh and normal. Do you mean live fish and dead fish?
- they are enormous in shape – They are enormous in SIZE.
- despite they live under water – despite LIVING under water
- are usually travel in groups – They usually travel in groups. You don’t need “are.”
Your speaking speed was a bit slow in this one, but since you did so well on your IELTS speaking, I think you improved a lot!
Best wishes!