#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S5.5; W7
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S7; W5.5
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: a comic actor in your country

Post by lmoore »

Hello, Allen_Zhang,
This comedian sounds really funny. Your comparison of him to Jim Carrey was really good, and I could picture what this comedian is like since I have never seen any of his movies.
You demonstrated knowledge of higher-level vocabulary as well as everyday sayings in your speech. I heard “modest,” and “down-to-earth.” You were very relaxed as you spoke as well.
I would focus on improving your speaking speed, as there were times that you struggled to find what to say next or to correct yourself in grammar. Pronunciation was also an issue. I heard “low” instead of “know” when you said, “I came to know him about 20 years ago.” At the end, during the last 20 seconds or so, I couldn’t quite make out what you were saying. This is what I heard:
Although he’s super rich and so famous, just doesn’t like other celebrities is very he’s not very arrogant at all in his magic at all, you know?
I understand your main point here, but I didn’t get all the words. Another instance was when I heard, “He always throw that incredible faces in his film.”
Grammar/Sentence Structure Notes:
- I think most of Chinese people – I think most Chinese people. No “of.”
-if you have ever watched his film – filmS
- Their performance is kind of alike – They perform somewhat in the same way. or Their performances are kind of the same.
-I learned something on magazines. – I learned something FROM or IN magazines.
- My impression about him - OF him