ielts EOR lower mark

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
tribal

ielts EOR lower mark

Post by tribal »

Hi! Just got my IELTS Academic results and they are as follows R:9 L:9 S:8 W:7. Thinking of going in for a re-evaluation on W, as i feel i should have gotten a higher band. But the question is , can an EOR give you a lower band than what you had originally ?
Regards
tribal
atmahesh

Re: ielts EOR lower mark

Post by atmahesh »

wonderful score. Congratulation.

Would you mind sharing some tips on IELTS Academic?

I think they won't increase your band by 1 in writing even if you go for reevaluation. Hopefully, they will lower your original score.
tribal

Post by tribal »

Just studied for 1 week for the IELTS and this was my 1st attempt. Was out partying the night before, to be honest. Sorry to go OT, but you can finish Cambridge Ielts 8 and do use the Practice CD they give. You must practice reading, which is arguably the toughest part and do keep your eye on the clock while practicing,try to complete it within an hour. Focus on the T/f/ng or y/n/ng, which make up 25% of the reading section. Practice listening from a number of sources online(ielts-exam.net). Above all,on the D-day, maintain your composure and do not panic under any circumstance. Just chillax. :D
atmahesh

Post by atmahesh »

thx for your reply tribal.

IELTS exam is easy for people who have good english but it is interesting to know that you were partying a night before and scored well. Great job done!!!

Thanks for the tips. I maintain it is difficult to conquer ielts without practice.

best wishes for your higher studies.
Charmy

Post by Charmy »

Are you a native speaker? How long have you been learning English?
prabhjot kaur

Post by prabhjot kaur »

hii,
i am going to appear in IELTS on 2nd August,just panic because my husband said to me it will be your last chance.I need 7 in each module for general.please give me some tips,prior i got L-6,R-5.5,W-6,S-6.5.

Thanks
IndianHarry

Post by IndianHarry »

prabhjot kaur wrote:hii,
i am going to appear in IELTS on 2nd August,just panic because my husband said to me it will be your last chance.I need 7 in each module for general.please give me some tips,prior i got L-6,R-5.5,W-6,S-6.5.

Thanks
Do you use Skype, Prabhjot?
Harry Singh Sra
Skype - harry.5abi
ritikas06

Post by ritikas06 »

U
Last edited by ritikas06 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tribal

Post by tribal »

No, I am not a native speaker. I have given the GMAT earlier and got a 740. The RC solving skills I acquired for the GMAT, in turn helped for the writing section in the IELTS.
atmahesh

Post by atmahesh »

740 is good score dude!!

I have also started gmat prepartion :)

writing or reading section?

Good luck for further studies.
tribal

Post by tribal »

Thinking of going in for a re-evaluation on W, as i feel i should have gotten a higher mark. But the question is , can an EOR give you a lower band than what you had originally ? Kindly advise.
Regards
tribal