Please Grade My Speaking: Clothing

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
Charmy

Please Grade My Speaking: Clothing

Post by Charmy »

http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/download/file.php?id=244
Describe a colourful item of clothing that you are fond of.
You should say:
• what the item is and what it looks like
• where and why you bought it
• when you wear it
and explain why you like it.
Attachments
item-describing.mp3
(3.52 MiB) Downloaded 302 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Please Grade My Speaking: Clothing

Post by lmoore »

Your shirt sounds pretty bright and colorful!
There were very few grammar, pronunciation or vocabulary problems with your speech. Your organization and fluency are the areas I would suggest you work on.
Repetition is a concern. You seem to repeat yourself, and you sound very nervous. I think you repeat yourself when you are not feeling relaxed and confident. Taking a deep breath before you start speaking, planning out your speech’s main points in your head before talking and speaking more slowly will likely help you to reduce your nervousness and anxiety. I am confident that you will do excellently on your interview as you have a strong command of language. It’s the presentation of it that needs a little work.
When you repeat yourself, you may forget to speak about a particular point the task card asks you to cover, and you may dwell too much on one particular topic.
You can do it! Remember that, and believe in yourself, and you will be fine.
Charmy

Re: Please Grade My Speaking: Clothing

Post by Charmy »

:D Thanks a million for pointing out the things I need to work on. I've been trying to reduce my "um" "uh" and redundant repetition. And I think I'll change the way I sound very soon. Thanks.