music.mp3
(2.6 MiB) Downloaded 283 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Please Rate My Speaking:Your Favorite Music

Post by lmoore »

Hello, Charmy,
I had to laugh when you were talking because I get sick of listening to Spanish, of which I am an intermediate speaker, after about ten minutes. You are dedicated if you can listen to English one hour, much less the five that you mentioned.
You were very fluent and easy to understand. Your pronunciation errors were slight, and they did not interfere with the meaning of your speech. One thing I would suggest is not repeating yourself so often. You said, for example, that you were “totally into” Taylor Swift a couple of times, and that her/country songs’ melodies are catchy. You also said that music changes your mood a few times. You offer good examples and explanations; just offer fewer of the same ones.
The vocabulary you used was good. I heard “glamorous” and “activate” in addition to the more informal phrases like “totally into.” You demonstrated a wide range of vocabulary and understanding of the words’ usages.
Here are some other small mistakes:
- Most of her music are country music. – Most of her music IS country music.
-After I listening to English – After I HAVE BEEN LISTENING to English / After I LISTEN to English
-Activate to change my mood – Perhaps, “Music activates something inside me that changes my mood.”
Best wishes as you continue to practice!
Charmy

Post by Charmy »

lmoore wrote:Hello, Charmy,
I had to laugh when you were talking because I get sick of listening to Spanish, of which I am an intermediate speaker, after about ten minutes. You are dedicated if you can listen to English one hour, much less the five that you mentioned.
You were very fluent and easy to understand. Your pronunciation errors were slight, and they did not interfere with the meaning of your speech. One thing I would suggest is not repeating yourself so often. You said, for example, that you were “totally into” Taylor Swift a couple of times, and that her/country songs’ melodies are catchy. You also said that music changes your mood a few times. You offer good examples and explanations; just offer fewer of the same ones.
The vocabulary you used was good. I heard “glamorous” and “activate” in addition to the more informal phrases like “totally into.” You demonstrated a wide range of vocabulary and understanding of the words’ usages.
Here are some other small mistakes:
- Most of her music are country music. – Most of her music IS country music.
-After I listening to English – After I HAVE BEEN LISTENING to English / After I LISTEN to English
-Activate to change my mood – Perhaps, “Music activates something inside me that changes my mood.”
Best wishes as you continue to practice!
Thanks for your feedback.
Your advice is indeed very helpful. I've also found myself repeating the same thing over and over again when I don't know what to say. Can I just pause and think for a while and then start talking again? Or repeating the same words while thinking might be a solution?
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

I would take quiet time to think. You can also just end your speech.
Charmy

Post by Charmy »

lmoore wrote:I would take quiet time to think. You can also just end your speech.
Thanks a lot for your advice. :) I'm really grateful.
And best wishes to your Spanish learning.