need a partner to prepare for ielts

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
suresh

need a partner to prepare for ielts

Post by suresh »

hi i m preparing for ielts wana join a group of people who r sailing on a same boat
my skyp id is aurniesingh and no is 9899023641 from delhi....plz feel free to call me up....my current score is 5.5 overall :(
crystalcollado

Re: need a partner to prepare for ielts

Post by crystalcollado »

hi, i need a partner too! my kelts test is in two weeks roughly ( 7 june 2014) and i just signed up three days ago because my uni (in the uk) it is no longer accepting toefl for visa purposes so i will have to take ielts. I need a 5.5 overall score with 5.5 in each component, at least. I am kind of nervous about the writing part because it will be paper based and timing scares me!!!
my Skype is crystalcollado

i'm from Panama btw :)
Tara

Post by Tara »

Hi,

I am going to sit for Academic module on June 7th. I have Ovoo. It would be good chance to find study partner for speaking.

ovoo Id: Taraneh

Bests,
Tara
shourien

Post by shourien »

The best approach to prepare for ielts would be self study for "Listening and Reading"
However I would be willing to look at any writing for task 2.
I am not an ielts examiner but, I did go through a lot of material before attempting. Probably, I can give some tips.
Scores are L-8, R-8.5, W-7, S-7 in my first attempt
Somnil

Post by Somnil »

Hi Shourien,
Could you provide comments on my writing task 2
That will be a great help.
mudit2792

Post by mudit2792 »

Hi Shourien,
I am attempting for IELTS in the month of June. I would hihgly appreciate if you could share your valuable advice on scoring high. Thank you in advance!
shourien

Post by shourien »

Somnil wrote:Hi Shourien,
Could you provide comments on my writing task 2
That will be a great help.
Can you please show me your work? What is your topic?
shourien

Post by shourien »

mudit2792 wrote:Hi Shourien,
I am attempting for IELTS in the month of June. I would hihgly appreciate if you could share your valuable advice on scoring high. Thank you in advance!
The way I stated was with Barrons IELTS to focus on tips it had to offer and then read through essays, after which I had a fair idea on the way to deal with this exam. Its best to go through "Cambridge IELTS 1-9" for practice tests.
This simulates papers from actual exams. If you are attending academic section there are 4 tests per book so you will have enough exposure by the time you finish 4-5 books (totalling to 20 tests).
I know, this is tedious, but problem is you cannot afford to make more than 6 mistakes out of 40 questions else your IELTS band drops below 7 in Reading and maximum of 10 mistakes in Listening. However, These are the 2 sections I scored really high.

Apart from this for writing section I first read a lot of essays already written by students which were available again on Cambridge IELTS books with comments from examiner's. Looking at these I was able to gauge the mistakes done and improvise on them. Wrote a few essays by first spending time to note down points on my question paper and then build an essay consolidating these points. In addition, I watched Youtube video for "GIELTS writing tasks" to figure out the hooks and progressions needed while writing.

However its first important to know which are the sections that you feel comfortable and which section you need more attention to. Generally, writing section is hard and are marked critically by examiners.

I hope this helps!
oanhthuy

Post by oanhthuy »

Hi Shourien,
Could you please correct my Ielts writing task 2 that I attached bellow.
I'm learning by myself and I usually don't have any feedback on my writing so that I don't know my mistakes at all.
I really appreciate it if you could do it for me.
Thank a thousand times!!

Here is my essay:

Throughout history, people have dreamed of living in a perfect society. However, there is still no agreement about what a perfect society would be like. What, in your opinion, would be the most important element of a perfect society? What can people do to help create an ideal society?

Human beings have been raised a hope about an ideal society since the early age of human civilization. In my opinion, the initially mandatory factor of this perfect society should be safety, and governments as well as individuals have to work really hard if they want to make that dream comes true.

It seems to me that a perfect society must certainly be a safe place, where people can comfortably live without any possible worry or concern. In other words, it is a place where crime does not exist, people are able to leave their homes and even unnecessarily lock their doors or activate any security devices. In addition, in term of state institutions such as governments or police forces, all the citizens must have a belief in their integrity and confidence that we are all protected by fair laws. There is no doubt that safety is the most crucial factor and a top priority to successfully create an ideal world.

There are numerous things need to improve in order to build a new world with life satisfaction. Firstly, governments and leaders must be hold to account so that they will have full responsibilities for individuals and the population’s problems as a whole. Secondly, every and each individual have a duty to support each other and always get involved in their community. Doing so, we should be able to live in a world full of affection, compassion, and accountability. Finally, the environment should be treated as important as humans by using clean, eco-friendly energy sources, adequate water sanitation, and proper waste disposal process so that we can construct a more sustainable future for our children.

In conclusion, I believe that a perfect society cannot exist without the sense of safety of the people who live in and there are large amount of work and effort needed to execute to reach that world.

(312 words)
shourien

Post by shourien »

oanhthuy wrote:Hi Shourien,
Could you please correct my Ielts writing task 2 that I attached bellow.
I'm learning by myself and I usually don't have any feedback on my writing so that I don't know my mistakes at all.
I really appreciate it if you could do it for me.
Thank a thousand times!!

Here is my essay:

Throughout history, people have dreamed of living in a perfect society. However, there is still no agreement about what a perfect society would be like. What, in your opinion, would be the most important element of a perfect society? What can people do to help create an ideal society?

Human beings have been raised a hope about an ideal society since the early age of human civilization. In my opinion, the initially mandatory factor of this perfect society should be safety, and governments as well as individuals have to work really hard if they want to make that dream comes true.

It seems to me that a perfect society must certainly be a safe place, where people can comfortably live without any possible worry or concern. In other words, it is a place where crime does not exist, people are able to leave their homes and even unnecessarily lock their doors or activate any security devices. In addition, in term of state institutions such as governments or police forces, all the citizens must have a belief in their integrity and confidence that we are all protected by fair laws. There is no doubt that safety is the most crucial factor and a top priority to successfully create an ideal world.

There are numerous things need to improve in order to build a new world with life satisfaction. Firstly, governments and leaders must be hold to account so that they will have full responsibilities for individuals and the population’s problems as a whole. Secondly, every and each individual have a duty to support each other and always get involved in their community. Doing so, we should be able to live in a world full of affection, compassion, and accountability. Finally, the environment should be treated as important as humans by using clean, eco-friendly energy sources, adequate water sanitation, and proper waste disposal process so that we can construct a more sustainable future for our children.

In conclusion, I believe that a perfect society cannot exist without the sense of safety of the people who live in and there are large amount of work and effort needed to execute to reach that world.

(312 words)
I have posted the response to this using a new thread since we don't want to digress in this thread.
http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/viewtopic.p ... 5857#p5856
sheilajoy

Post by sheilajoy »

Hi my name is Sheila, a filipino. I need your help to get the same scores as you do. I'm desperately need for someone to help with each area since I want to finish my registration as a rpn here in canada..my email add is: fragervamp2000@yahoo.com. thank you and I looking forward to hear from you.
shourien wrote:The best approach to prepare for ielts would be self study for "Listening and Reading"
However I would be willing to look at any writing for task 2.
I am not an ielts examiner but, I did go through a lot of material before attempting. Probably, I can give some tips.
Scores are L-8, R-8.5, W-7, S-7 in my first attempt