24th MAY 2014. Lastest IELTS WRITING TASK 2 QUESTION.

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
mr_brown

24th MAY 2014. Lastest IELTS WRITING TASK 2 QUESTION.

Post by mr_brown »

IT was a bit unusual task 2 question that requires flaxibility from a candidate! ;)

here is TASK 2 QUESTION.
According to the American film actor John Wayne 'Tomorrov is the most important thing in life'.

How important is it for individuals and the government thinking about the future, rather than focusing on at the present?

as far as i remember the question is really stumped all the IELTS test-takers who took on 24th MAY.
mr_brown

Re: 24th MAY 2014. Lastest IELTS WRITING TASK 2 QUESTION.

Post by mr_brown »

mr_brown wrote:IT was a bit unusual task 2 question that requires flaxibility from a candidate! ;)

here is TASK 2 QUESTION.
According to the American film actor John Wayne 'Tomorrov is the most important thing in life'.

How important is it for individuals and the government thinking about the future, rather than focusing on at the present?

as far as i remember the question is really stumped all the IELTS test-takers who took on 24th MAY.
chadny013

Post by chadny013 »

OMG its areally hard and unusual topic they choose :o . I will try to write it now and upload it in writing section
ClintEastwood

Post by ClintEastwood »

I attempted the IELTS exam/test first time in my life :D on 24-05-2014 at LESOCO, London. Being a full time employee, I had only one night before exam for the preparation of IELTS :(
IMHO, I think the Writing section was too much easy for me. Also, the Listening & Speaking were little easy but I think I am gonna flunk the Reading part because it was utterly boring and confusing. All I need is 6.0 in Reading section because I guess with this band I will able to get overall 7.0 (fingers crossed). Otherwise, for the first time, I will have to resit (God forbid).
Does anyone remember the reading section or at least knows that "where" or "when" can I find it before 06-06-2014 i.e. the result day?
Cheers.
manjeet100

Post by manjeet100 »

WTF? They asked these type of questions??? :-O. I heard they only ask about ur city,best game and ur pet :D
ClintEastwood

Post by ClintEastwood »

manjeet100 wrote:WTF? They asked these type of questions??? :-O.

Normally, they ask more or less same type of questions.
manjeet100 wrote:I heard they only ask about ur city,best game and ur pet :D
Are you trying to be funny? If yes, then I must say that you have really bad sense of humour :p Don't confuse it with speaking section.
Last edited by ClintEastwood on Mon May 26, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imran ali shah

Post by Imran ali shah »

Dear Mr brown,

I had also attended Task 2 on 24th may and I written in opposite stating the importance of present .Am I right or not.Kindly guide me.I am very confused.Thanks
Imran ali shah

Post by Imran ali shah »

MR Brown,

Kindly clarify what do you mean by flexibility in Task 2 question of 24th may?
ClintEastwood

Post by ClintEastwood »

Imran ali shah wrote:Dear Mr brown,

I had also attended Task 2 on 24th may and I written in opposite stating the importance of present .Am I right or not.Kindly guide me.I am very confused.Thanks
I am not an expert but I have learnt from different information sources. IELTS doesn't assess your work on the basis of your knowledge or personal opinion. Following is the main criteria of writing assessment:

(i) task achievement
(ii) coherence and cohesion
(iii) lexical resource
(iv) grammatical range and accuracy

I wrote my essay in favour of John Wayne's statement because I thought that the statement encourages to invest today in terms of cost, time & efforts, and then we can enjoy its fruit (in terms of profit: in any shape) tomorrow. Similarly, current UK government is making the country more weightless by privatising many government owned assets, and the new owners are offshore companies so the whole profit is benefiting to its overseas owners which can make a huge dent on British economy in future. Ergo, they are ignoring the future consequences of today's actions. I also included that the industrial revolution has improved our living standards but it has ignored our future and has significantly polluted our environment. For example, global warming. After writing conclusion, I gave some future recommendations on the basis of my personal knowledge. Which I think was not necessary but I was 50 words away from my target :D
TBH, at this moment, I am not too sure about if my writing material is up to the mark. And it will help me to get desired band. But, I am hoping for best, and my fingers & toes are crossed :)

Imran ali shah wrote:MR Brown,

Kindly clarify what do you mean by flexibility in Task 2 question of 24th may?
Whilst preparing for IELTS, I read several writing samples, and I didn't find a single example which includes the quote or statement from a celebrity. Plus, the given question was too ambiguous because it is not as explicit as compare to past question papers. And therefore many students were clueless about the topic.
Imran ali shah

Post by Imran ali shah »

Thanks Brown,

I am feeling quite relaxed now. :)
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

mr_brown wrote:IT was a bit unusual task 2 question that requires flaxibility from a candidate! ;)

here is TASK 2 QUESTION.

Hi Mr. Brown,

Thank you for sharing this experience.
manjeet100

Post by manjeet100 »

ClintEastwood wrote:

Are you trying to be funny? If yes, then I must say that you have really bad sense of humour :p Don't confuse it with speaking section.
No I wasn't trying to be :(. My friend gave this exam in 2009,he said they asked to write on my city and mostly they chooses these types of topic but I m shocked what reality is :cry:
manjeet100

Post by manjeet100 »

ClintEastwood wrote:

No I wasn't trying to be :(. My friend gave this exam in 2009,he said they asked to write on my city and mostly they chooses these types of topic but I m shocked what reality is :cry:
ClintEastwood wrote:

ClintEastwood wrote: