Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
durai

old person

Post by durai »

Describe an old person who you like to spend time with *
You should say:
when you are together
how often you are together
what you do together (or, what you like doing together )
and explain why you like to spend time with them (= him or her) *

http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/download/file.php?id=142
Attachments
rec0420-103823.mp3
(2.64 MiB) Downloaded 216 times
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: old person

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Durai,
Your speech was good overall. Your spoke clearly and fluently for the most part. You moved through the questions with little difficulty and provided specific examples to back up your answers. Your vocabulary was good as well. I heard “hectic,” “ideal,” and “cool-minded.”
Here are some areas for correction:
1.) You said your mother “with positive attitude, and she is more sympathetic.” – First, she HAS a positive attitude.” Second, she is sympathetic to what, or to who? I assume you mean to the plights of others in general, but you might specify this.
2.) Pronunciation – I heard “wikdes” instead of “weekdays” at the beginning. Make sure you say the “ee” sound longer, as well as the “ay” sound more distinctly.
3.) You said that you couldn’t meet on Sundays, but you did not give a reason. I know it has something to do with your sister, but the connection was not clear.
4.) So Saturday would be the ideal day for us to do A plenty of activities. – Do not say “a” before “plenty.”
5.) We do discuss family issues on that day so what we have to do for the next thing for the future. – We do discuss family issues on that day so that we know the next steps to take care of them/resolve them.
6.) Or sometimes we go to farmer’s market. – or sometimes we go to THE farmer’s market.
7.) Pronunciation – veg-e-tables – Pretend that “e” syllable in the middle doesn’t exist. I speak from the point of view of the American or Canadian accent, so this may not be appropriate from a British English point of view.
8.) Even last week, we went to – JUST last week, we went to
9.) I did not understand what you said when you said, “She takes ??? against problem solving and always have more patience.” – Be sure you say she HAS patience.
10.) Use more transitions in your interview as well as connectors to help you link your ideas.
Thank you for sharing, and keep practicing. You’ll do well!
durai

Re: old person

Post by durai »

Hi Imoore,

Thanks for your comments, I try to reduce those

I did receive band 7 on my speaking test. But my writing is band 6.5

I am going sit again on 21st June. i am going to give a try to get band 8.

Durai
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7