Academic task2 - Please give me feedback

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
kidzer02102

Academic task2 - Please give me feedback

Post by kidzer02102 »

Some people believe that university education should be completely free, while others believe students and their families should pay at least part of the cost.
Discuss both views and give your opinion.

This is widely a help perception in many parts of the world today that university is one of the most important places to the training of best human resources for goverment as well as private companies. While some people are of the opinion that higher education should be completely free, others think that at least a part of the tuition should be paid by students and their parents.

It is certainly true that there are benefits of attending to university without fee. The majority of people want to improve their knowledge after graduated from high school to get better jobs or work for government to help national citizen, and university is the best choice for that. However, the cost is very high from famous universities so that it is the big issue make students cannot actualize their vision. Thus, free for higher education will act as a miracle for many poor students.

However, some people argue that free higher education means that everyone can go to the university. This will lead to the loss of balance between jobs and human resources. It is evident that if there are many students graduate from university with the less of requirements in the job market, it will lead to the providing over the demanding. In addition to this, if there is no money, it means the school has no ability to improve their teaching resources, to improve the lecturers’ living by paying high wage. It will strongly effect to the quality of education.

Therefore, I believe that although free for university education is the good way to provide the high knowledge people for society, there are clearly further benefits when students and their families pay some parts of the cost to improve the quality of resources, materials at university.

To sum up, free is not surely good.
Ryan

Re: Academic task2 - Please give me feedback

Post by Ryan »

Hi Kidzer,

The first line of your essay falls into complete incoherence:

This is widely a help perception in many parts of the world today that university is one of the most important places to the training of best human resources for goverment as well as private companies.

Please don't write in a manner you are incapable of controlling. Keep your sentences simple. Here is a rewrite of the above:

Universities enable people to equip themselves with specialized skills.

You need to share specific examples that are true to life. Sharing general information in place of proper examples does little to bolster your argument.

I see grammatical issues in every sentence. At times, these issues cause incoherence. This degree of inaccuracy would be detrimental to your mark.

I feel this essay would score about a band 4.5. By simplifying the language in the essay, I imagine you could improve coherence. This would be key to improving the overall clarity of the message.

Good luck.