Please leave your opinion about my essay (task 2)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Piazzi

Please leave your opinion about my essay (task 2)

Post by Piazzi »

Please could you check my essay about this hard topic?

Some people feel that certain workers like nurses, doctors and teachers are undervalued and should be paid more, especially when other people like film actors or company bosses are paid huge sums of money that are out of proportion to the importance of the work that they do.

-How far do you agree?
-What criteria should be used to decide how much people are paid?

In a deeply industrialized world, the relations in our society become complex. This complexity is showed in the variety of specific works that exists nowadays. Many of these specifics functions are more respected than basic professions and, thus, well-remunerated. But I feel that vital workers should receive an amount of money proportional to their responsibilities. The importance of a job for society and the duties that a person have in their job could be some of the aspects which decides how much money a job could offer.
Firstly, many highly specialized works do not have a real and direct benefit for society. Is the case of telemarketing-sellers, correctors or particular drivers. These jobs have been created for support other main functions and could disappear in extreme situations like economical crisis or war. For this reason many specific works should be less paid.
Secondly, some jobs are quite specific, however, many other functions or people depends upon them. CEO of big companies, researchers and teachers are few examples. They are not necessarily fundamental for society, however, their decisions have huge consequences in life of many persons. Thus, it is fair that professions with more responsibilities earn more money.
To summarize, with the vast amount of jobs we have it is difficult to rate what should be the payment for each one. The influence that a job have could be a parameter for this. Workers that could affect many others persons should be well paid, because we do not want our life in the hands of doctors which have financial problems, and which can not do their best.

I have a question in one point: if the topic lead to a deep discussion, how deep the ideas of our essay should be?

sometime it is very hard to write 250 words in 40 minutes time, because the topic is quite general....
Piazzi

Re: Please leave your opinion about my essay (task 2)

Post by Piazzi »

Anybody? ..... :?
mhingz

Re: Please leave your opinion about my essay (task 2)

Post by mhingz »

Hi!
i don't know where you get the topic but its very subjective which makes it much difficult to compose essay.
04/10/2010 - Listening 7.0, Reading 5.5, Writing 6.5, Speaking 7.0
10/26/2013 - Listening 6.0, Reading 5.0, Writing 6.5, Speaking 7.5
10/05/2014 - Listening 7.5, Reading 7.0, Writing 7.0, Speaking 7.5