Task2 essay****

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Rosh

Task2 essay****

Post by Rosh »

Ryan please evaluate this essay as well.

Thank you very much. In your opinion, what factors contribute to a good movie?

​The cinematography industry is a very competitive one. Critics’ review of a movie can either positively or negatively affect the box office sale of a particular film. In my view, factors which contribute to a good movie are great actors and an interesting plot as these key elements directly affect the emotional response a film.
​Motion pictures come alive with superb acting skills from actors who are able to assume a character and have the ability to convey emotions in a real and convincing way. Take the movie 300 for example, in this action film the actor Gerald Butler took on the role of King Leonidas and showcased, humor, charisma and tactical fighting skills in the portrayal of this endearing character. This triggered conversation and interaction, brought an adrenaline rush as a result of the heroic skills that were displayed. This therefore resulted in an agreed great review for this movie.
​A movie with an interesting plot, one that provides an interesting sequence of events, suspense, drama, climax and suitable conclusion is vital for its successes. The movie Titanic is a prime example of how having a great plot which keeps an audience entertained and feeling like valuable time is being spent can result in the overall success of a movie as an audience is captured from start to finish. Therefore it is clear that a non-regurgitated, unpredicted plot results in a more satisfying movie experience.
​​On a final note, it can be seen that a good movie should possess actors who have notable acting skills and a plot with intriguing series of events. It is clear that having these important elements to stimulate the interest of an audience will ultimately result in great movie reviews. Thus it is recommended that movie makers consider these factors to ensure excellent sales at the box office.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Task2 essay****

Post by Flick »

Rosh wrote:Ryan please evaluate this essay as well.

Thank you very much. In your opinion, what factors contribute to a good movie?

​The cinematography industry is a very competitive one. Critics’ review of a movie can either positively or negatively affect the box office sale of a particular film. In my view, factors which contribute to a good movie are great actors and an interesting plot, as these key elements directly affect the emotional response of a film.
​Motion pictures come alive with superb acting skills from actors who are able to assume a character and have the ability to convey emotions in a real and convincing way. Take the movie 300, for example. In this action film, the actor Gerald Butler took on the role of King Leonidas and showcased humor, charisma and tactical fighting skills in the portrayal of this endearing character. This triggered conversation and interaction, and caused an adrenaline rush in the viewer as a result of the heroic skills that were displayed. This resulted in a great review for this movie.
​A movie with an interesting plot, one that provides an interesting sequence of events, suspense, drama, climax and suitable conclusion, is vital for its success. The movie Titanic is a prime example of how having a great plot, which keeps an audience entertained and feeling like valuable time is being spent, can result in the overall success of a movie as an audience is captivated from start to finish. Therefore, it is clear that a non-regurgitated, unpredictable plot results in a more satisfying movie experience.
​​On a final note, it can be concluded that a good movie should possess actors who have notable acting skills and a plot with an intriguing series of events. It is clear that having these important elements to stimulate the interest of an audience will ultimately result in great movie reviews. Thus, it is recommended that movie makers consider these factors to ensure excellent sales at the box office.
Hi Rosh,
I like your suggestions for what makes a good movie. They are simple and easy to understand, but also very true. Great job!
Flick
Rosh

Re: Task2 essay****

Post by Rosh »

Thanks Flick. You brought a big smile on my face just now. I really needed to hear these encouraging words a week ago when I did my IELTS exam. In reflection I realize the power of positive words and encouragement especially during your lowest times. I therefore ask of you to continue providing feedback to us as students because it really does a lot to keep us calm and mentally prepared to cope with all the stress that comes with exams.