task2 < reduce traffic>

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
durai

task2 < reduce traffic>

Post by durai »

The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities today is by reducing the need for people to travel from home to work, education or shopping.

To what extent do you agree or disagree.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the last decade, the number of vehicles on the roads has significantly increased the world over. Many people believe that easy proximity to basic facilities such as schools, shops and work places would be the only way to solve the traffic problems. To my mind, there are other effective ways to sort out this issue.

To begin with, lessen people’s need to travel acts as a precursor to reduce the amount of traffic on the city roads. For instance, in Britain, private vehicles on roads have reduced due to telecommuting. This means that the employers are able to work from home which reduces the requirement of travel on the roads for work purposes. Likewise, the schools opted for online education that enabled students to study at their convenience from home. Thus, it is clear why some argue that this is the best solution.

However, in my opinion, one of the best ways is to improve the public transport system, and it acts as catalysts to reduce the number of cars in the city areas. Take Australia as an example, public transport offers fast, cheap, reliable and on time service. Besides, they offer free tickets to school students and concessions to elderly. As a result, the number of cars has reduced twofold in all major cities since 2010. As this makes clear, encouraging people to use public transport would be one of the best solutions.

At the end of the day, it is understandable that there are various methods available to reduce traffic problems. In my mind, motivation to use trains, trams and buses would be a cardinal solution. It is hoped that the governments would implement this system to decrease the amount of traffic in different cities.
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7
gjartist82

Re: task2 < reduce traffic>

Post by gjartist82 »

durai wrote:The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities today is by reducing the need for people to travel from home to work, education or shopping.

To what extent do you agree or disagree.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the last decade, the number of vehicles on the roads has significantly increased the world over. Many people believe that easy proximity to basic facilities such as schools, shops and work places would be the only way to solve the traffic problems. To my mind, there are other effective ways to resolve this issue.

To begin with, lessening people’s need to travel acts as a precursor to reduce the amount of traffic on the city roads. For instance, in Britain, private vehicles on roads have reduced due to telecommuting. This means that the employees are able to work from home which reduces the requirement of travel on the roads for work purposes. Likewise, schools have opted for online education that has enabled students to study at their convenience from home. Thus, it is clear why some argue that this is the best solution.

However, in my opinion, one of the best ways is to improve the public transport system, and it acts as a catalyst to reduce the number of cars in the city areas. Take Australia as an example - public transport in that country offers fast, cheap, reliable and punctual service. Besides this, Australian public transport offers free tickets to school students and concessions to the elderly. As a result, the number of cars has reduced twofold in all major cities since 2010. As this makes clear, encouraging people to use public transport would be one of the best solutions.

At the end of the day, (< Hackneyed phrase. Consider replacing with "All in all,") it is understandable that there are various methods available to reduce traffic problems. In my mind, motivation to use trains, trams and buses would be a cardinal solution. It is hoped that governments would implement this system to decrease the amount of traffic in different cities.
durai

Re: task2 < reduce traffic>

Post by durai »

HI Jgartist82

thanks for your valuable feedback.

I keep my mistakes in mind.

"At the end of the day" is it a very common phrase so as to avoid ?

Thanks
Durai
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7