General Writing - Task1-Letter to a Friend

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
vipin

General Writing - Task1-Letter to a Friend

Post by vipin »

Keeping up with Ryan's suggestion of writing daily, below is my take on a letter to a friend. Opinion/suggestions/band score welcome

your friend is visiting you for a week. However, the dates that he/she is visiting are not suitable for you. write a letter to him/her and
1. Apologize
2. explain why the dates dont suit you
3.Suggest an alternative plan

Dear XYZ,
I hope that you are well. Please accept my apologies, as I will not be able to meet you on your planned visit to Delhi next month.

As I mentioned during our conversation last month, I was to travel for a business meeting to Australia in July.However, Due to some recent concerns raised by the client to our senior management, my organization wants me to travel immediately for a period of eight weeks. I will be gone next week and will only be back in town by second week of August.

Alternatively, I was wondering if it is possible for you to postpone your travel to mid of August. I will eligible for a paid time off work upon my return, and shall be able to personally guide you around town. You can also witness the spectacular Kite Flying festival and the word famous Mango festival, both of which are slated to be held in Delhi during August.

Hoping to hear back from you soon,

VIP
EnglishTeacher
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: General Writing - Task1-Letter to a Friend

Post by EnglishTeacher »

vipin wrote:Keeping up with Ryan's suggestion of writing daily, below is my take on a letter to a friend. Opinion/suggestions/band score welcome

your friend is visiting you for a week. However, the dates that he/she is visiting are not suitable for you. write a letter to him/her and
1. Apologize
2. explain why the dates dont suit you
3.Suggest an alternative plan

Dear XYZ,
I hope that you are well. Please accept my apologies, as I will not be able to meet you on your planned visit to Delhi next month.

As I mentioned during our conversation last month, I wassupposed to travel to Australiafor a business meeting in July.However, dueto some recent concerns raised by the client to our senior management, my organization wants me to travel immediately for a period of eight weeks. I will be gone next week and will only be back in town by the second week of August.

Alternatively, I was wondering if it is possible for you to postpone your travel to mid-August. I will be eligible for paid time off work upon my return, and shall be able to personally guide you around town. You can also witness the spectacular Kite Flying festival and the word famous Mango festival, both of which are slated to be held in Delhi during August.

Hoping to hear back from you soon,

VIP
vipin

Re: General Writing - Task1-Letter to a Friend

Post by vipin »

Thanks English Teacher for your inputs, any guesses on the band score?