Task 2 - Fast food

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
IELTSfriend
Premium subscriber
Premium subscriber

Task 2 - Fast food

Post by IELTSfriend »

In many countries, fast food is becoming cheaper and more widely available.
Do the disadvantages of this outweigh the advantages?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
In many countries, fast food is a popular choice for most people, especially the majority of young people. Nowadays, it is becoming more affordable and accessible. I believe that the advantages can be outweighed by the negatives of junk food.
To begin with the benefits, the most attractive point about fast food is its convenience. We do not need to spend too much time preparing food. And it is easy to take away, we can also both eat and talk with each other. It really suits the fast-paced lifestyle of young people. Another significant advantage of this kind of food is that junk food is affordable, tasty and addictive. For example, many children, especially the younger always ask for fast food such as pizza, hotdogs, fish and chips, etc. When they go to fast food restaurants. For these reasons, junk food is the perfect choice for most people.
Nevertheless, eating processed food does present some health problems. Fast food is often nutritionally poor and high in calories, so this food could badly impact our health in both the short-term and the long-term. One of the health problems is that it makes you fat. The food contains high cholesterol, high salt, sugar, additives and overprocessed ingredients, which is the reason why consumers come down with high blood pressure and other health problems. Pizzas, cookies, fried items all contain this fat. It might also damage environment pollution. Nylon, plastic food containers, which cannot be recycled, are thrown into the environment in huge numbers. This might cause pollution.
In conclusion, although fast food is really convenient and suitable for the young, its drawbacks are terrible. The potential drawbacks of fast food outweigh these advantages.
(281 words)
Ryan

Re: Task 2 - Fast food

Post by Ryan »

Hi IELTSfriend,

Attached are my thoughts.
Attachments
IELTSfriend April 2023.pdf
(38.51 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
IELTSfriend
Premium subscriber
Premium subscriber

Re: Task 2 - Fast food

Post by IELTSfriend »

Hi Ryan, as a premium subscriber, I would like to know how many writing submissions I am allowed to send to you per month to receive feedback and marking.