Task2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
vani manikkam

Task2

Post by vani manikkam »

You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
Write about the following topic:
In many countries, very few young people read newspapers or follow the news on TV. What do you think are the causes of this?
What solutions can you suggest?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
You should write at least 250 words.

--
I would be very grateful if someone could evaluate my writing. Thanks so much
--

A study reveals that the new generation are less interested in reading of newspapers or following the news on TV in the majority of the world. In my opinion, this is mostly because of the takeover of technology advancement available in the country.

Many children are exposed to technology at a very young age. They build up a culture where they are more and more fascinated by the virtual world. According to a survey, 80% of youngsters prefer to spend their time on video games after schools, be on social media or watching a film on Netfilx rather than following the news after school hours. This is a means for them to relax, making new friends or even a part time hobby. With the high technologies and gadgets, they feel more enjoyable.

In order to make young people be more interested in reading the news, I suggest that the local media joins the social media network to connect more with people. For example, live streams or sensational news broadcasted on every facebook newsfeed as flash news with good visuals and attention seeking headlines will definitely grab the attention of users on the platform. Hence users will be more enthusiastic to read the news.

Futhermore, the local government can pay for advertissment in between films breaks or game breaks to promote news. This will be a good way in delivering information or sensitizing people who are not aware the current situation in their country.

To sum up, people are ditching the traditional way of reading news from the newspaper or TV as the new trend is becoming digital. To be able to catchup with the news, media should also integrate to the new form of delivering information via the social platforms.