[WRITING TASK 2] IS TOMORROW MORE IMPORTANT THAN TODAY?

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
vuongtuvy_0212

[WRITING TASK 2] IS TOMORROW MORE IMPORTANT THAN TODAY?

Post by vuongtuvy_0212 »

TOPIC: An American film actor once said, “Tomorrow is important and precious”. Some
people think individuals and society should pay more attention to the future than to the present. Do you agree or disagree?
It is regarded that any person should put more concentration on the future than the present. I wholeheartedly disagree with this idea in the belief that what will happen is decided by what is currently happening.

To begin with, I reckon that the future is defined by current goals. To be more specific, there is a so-called cause-result relationship. For example, I will get high marks as I set my targets and put effort into my school work and vice versa, if fewer attempts are made to study, my results will not be as great. In this case, my targets are the root at the present, whereas my marks are the fruit in the future. My actions follow what I aim to achieve and hence lead to the aftermath.

In addition, from my perspective, choices of the present affect the future advantages. The concept of opportunity costs should be taken into consideration to clarify this viewpoint. For the same purpose, which is gaining as many benefits as possible, a man has to make a sound judgement on whether to have his apartment for lease or make it his own showroom and earns from the entry tickets. Assuming that he decides to turn the apartment into a showroom, he will then bear the opportunity cost of taking out the lease and vice versa. Each choice presents particular seen and hidden opportunities that will lead to differentiation in its future gained profits.

Last but not least, I believe that things that can be done today shouldn’t be left till tomorrow. Anyone who keeps in mind that tomorrow is more important than today will not likely be able to focus on what he is doing at the moment. As a consequence, nothing will be processed and completed.

In conclusion, either today or tomorrow is of the same utmost importance. People go for the future. And the future happens because of our decision today.

PS: I have taken the IELTS for 3 years. However, writing was my weakness and the band score showed. I want to retake the test in the future and hope to improve my writing by receiving your valuable comments.
Thank you so much for reading.