please evaluate00

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ravisajan

please evaluate00

Post by ravisajan »

You are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger and increase the number of flights. You live near the airport.
Write a letter to your local newspaper. In your letter:

• explain where you live
• describe the problem
• give reasons why you do not want this development.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I live 20 kilometers away from the local airport. There are approximately forty families that are living here for last twenty years. I am writing to let you know that the plan of expanding the airport is a concern of worry.

The government is planning to increase flight numbers at the airport and will acquire nearby lands. Our building will be demolished as well for this purpose. I am worried about the settlement after this. As far as the expansion is concerned, it is not required at all.

Our town is 35 Kilometres away from California airport, and any public transport can be used to commute easily without spending much money. Whereas, flights will be expensive. Further, people going from here will have to change flights at California anyhow. So, making this local airport bigger is not advisable. It will be a sheer waste of resources and time. In addition to this, the expansion at the cost of our livelihoods is not justified.

I hope you will agree and took this matter to higher authorities for the reconsideration of the plan.

Yours Sincerely,
Joh Wick