Task 1 - applying a job- pls evaluate it. thanks

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0115

Task 1 - applying a job- pls evaluate it. thanks

Post by rairaichan0115 »

During a recent plane journey, you sat next to a businessman who owns a chain of restaurants. You talked to him and he suggested that you should contact him about a possible job in one of his restaurants.

Write a letter to this businessman. In your letter

 Remind him when and where you met
 Tell him what kind of job you are interested in
 Say why you think you would be suitable for the job

Dear Mr. John,

I am Jenny Chan who was taking same flight with you to Melbourne on 22nd of November. I am writing regard to your job offer in one of your restaurants. I am particularly interested in to be café manager.

From my resume, you may see me I qualified for this position. With 4 years’ experiences in café service industry. I found I am very skillful in customer service and management. Furthermore, I am very knowledgeable of hospitality as I was major in it at the institution.

At my current job, I have created a quite stable customer network for the café shop and it gains significant revenue from it every year. However, for the reason of further development and eagerness to a famous restaurant like yours, I will release all my potential abilities to this position.

Should you have further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at the e-mail address or phone number provided above.

I am looking forward to being interviewed and thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Jenny Chan