Task 2 Writing Academic IELTS

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
matiasj23

Task 2 Writing Academic IELTS

Post by matiasj23 »

Please, could you evaluate my task 2 in Writing task. Thank you,
----

Nowadays celebrities increasingly have the status of role modeles, in particular for younger people. Do you see this as a positive or negative development?

In the last few years, mass media and social networks have led to new kinds of relationship between super-stars and their fans. Now it is usual to see the first ones as role models or leaders to follow by the masses. Even though, on some people eyes this is seen as a bad influence, specially for teenagers, I prefer to understand it as a new phenomenon that is mostly beneficial for society.

The use of famous actors, leader singers or ultra-competitive sport players, is known and has long tradition in marketing strategies. In one way or another, this practice has carried out that many people see these stars as unique and want to act just as they do. This is very common among teenagers who are always looking for new trends and new ways to define how they behave. For instance, the skyrocket career of Justin Biebber a couple of years ago triggered tons of girls so called “Bieliebers” who cut their hair and acted as the singer would do.

Personally, I strongly believe that this kind of fanatism is good for creating social skills specially in younger people and to make them understand the essential role that good relationships play in today’s society. It can be said that there are bad examples, such as Maradona, who declared himself a drugadict at the top of his career, but I think this is just one exemption to the rule. In most cases, famous stars are developing important campaigns regarding environment protection or healthy habits.

To sum up, I want to highlight the importance that social leaders have in shaping the conduct of millions of people all around the world. Although there are some exemptions, it can be said that in general, famous people promote beneficial habits and social consciousness.
Attachments
IMG_6782.JPG
IMG_6782.JPG (462.92 KiB) Viewed 11265 times