competition versus co-operation between children. Evaluate this essay.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Dell1

competition versus co-operation between children. Evaluate this essay.

Post by Dell1 »

Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults.

Discus both these views and give your own opinion.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is no shortage of debate about whether the feeling of competition in children should be encouraged or children are taught to co-operate to become more useful adults. Both of them have their own strengths and weaknesses, which will be explored in the following essay.

On the one hand, competition among children will help them to be innovators. While competing each other, most of the time, they will bring new ideas and present more interesting concepts to be more acceptable than the others. Additionally, they will be more confident and self-dependent than the others. For example, when I was at grade five, our teacher used to give us give us individual drawing assignment, which we had explained at the end. At that time, I was able to develop confidence and tried to make my drawing more attractive than the others. As a result, the competition between the my class students made me to become independent and confident.

On the other hand , children taught and grown up by co-operation have more friends, which is more difficult in competition. Unity among students will help the students to build relationships. Furthermore, working together helps the students to finish their chores on time, and reach to solution before due date. I addition, they will develop the habit of helping other people. For instance, as I have mention above, we had done a lots of group assignment with our class students. I had got more friends and learned to support other people in case they need help. For this reason, to co-operate with students has advantageous.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that to unite and help each other is more prominent than to compete. This is because to build new friend, to accomplish a given task on time, and to develop the habit of helping other people.

(word count 303)