task 2 punishing children

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
alnour

task 2 punishing children

Post by alnour »

its important for children to learn the difference between right and wrong at an early age. punishment is necessary to learn them this distinction.
to what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
what sort of punishment should parents and teachers be allowed to use to teach good behaviour to children ?

my response:

It is vital for children to differentiate between what is bad and good since their early childhood. I personally believe that punishment is very important for this matter. On my own view any sort of punishment is all right, as long as it causes no disability or psychological trauma.

If parents and teachers stop punishing rude childish behaviors , this may lead to serious outcomes. Firstly "bullying" between school children would have no end and would lead to physically and psychologically traumatized students. Breakfast would be stolen from who are thin , small or weak at school, for instance. Secondly, spoiled children would increase in the community which appeared on societies where punishments are disallowed . For example, in America some children call the police for their parents! Finally, loss of interest to academic materials over playing and hobbies.

Their is a wide range of punishments that teachers and parents could use. Physical punishment is the oldest and maybe the most effective from my prospect. Unfortunately it is a two headed sword , so it must be used with caution and as the last option. Moreover, verbal punishment is very much used and it should be the first line for disobedience. Psychological punishment is a new method that has been implemented by the peadiatricians , by asking the child to stand against the wall for a period of time , for instance or by disallowing the child to go out for play, also by taking his video game away and putting sanctions to his daily pocket money.

In conclusion, to teach children to be society leaders , caregivers should punish them. This punishment should range according to the the violation committed with caution not to harm.