pls help! task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0323

pls help! task 2

Post by rairaichan0323 »

Computers and modems have made it possible for office workers to do much of their work from home instead of working in offices every day. Working from home should be encouraged as it is good for workers and employers.
Agree or disagree?

In the present day, technology is playing a significant in individuals’ lives. The technological innovation enables telecommuters to work at home. Some people argue that people should motivate to conduct the job at home as it gives benefits to both employees and employers. While there are certainly valid arguments to the contrary, I personally believe that it has profound beneficial influences upon them. Two of the primary advantages associated with this trend are as follows.

First of all, it is an undeniable fact that the employers can save the overhead cost. To illustrate, the employers can economize the rental and electricity fees. This makes it clear that the operation cost can be reduced greatly. As this shows, owners can benefit from reducing the basic cost of operating a company.

Secondly and equally importantly, working at home, which are able individuals to work in flexible time and save money. For example, they do not have to commute daily to a workplace and buy some special clothes for working. Thus, the company members can reduce their expenditures for a work. Also, it allows them to manage their time and chores. It is obvious from this that working from home is advantageous to them.

By the way of conclusion, I am convinced that both employers and labourers can be profits from conducting job at home. Also, it is likely to become more popular in the future. Hence, I believe that it seems highly advisable for the government to promote the benefits of working at home.
allen_zhang

Re: pls help! task 2

Post by allen_zhang »

My version,
Teleworking or telecommute has been adopted by many enterprises and companies, as the Internet and computers allow people to do their work at home. However, from my point of view, it should not be encouraged.

Admittedly, teleworking has its advantages. One of them is that working at home can save money and time for both employees and employers. Without having to travel between home and office every day, much time can saved, which means more time can used on employees' work commitments. In addition, office expenditure can also be reduced when employees do their jobs at home. Furthermore, in comparison with office, home is a relatively quiet and comfortable place to work at. Sitting in an armchair at home with a cup of coffee on desk, people might be less distracted and be able to concentrate on their works.

However, it seems to me that teleworking has more problems than its benefits. Firstly, working at home means employees are under less supervision and management. they will probably engage their time to personal activities like, for example, chatting with their friends and playing games. Therefore, the productivity of their works cannot be guaranteed. Secondly, office time sometimes cannot be simply replaced by working at home. Face to face talk and office meeting are important for a team or company, because employees can learn and be inspired by others in these office activities. Obviously, an online conference cannot be as effective as an office meeting.

To conclude, although working at home sounds like a fantastic idea, I think it should not be encouraged because of its potential threats to companies' productivity and management.
#1 2013-09-07 L7.5; R8; S6; W6
#2 2014-03-08 L7.5; R7; S7; W5.5
#3 2014-05-10 L7.5; R8; S6.5; W6
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S5.5; W7
#4 2014-06-21 L7.5; R6.5; S7; W5.5