Please evaluate task 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
AhmadMukhtiar

Please evaluate task 1

Post by AhmadMukhtiar »

Write a letter to your relative.
In your letter:

explain arrangements you have made for them to have keys and get into the house
tell your relative how to get from the train station to your house
say when you will be home and suggest what you could do together that evening

Dear Omar,

I was overwhelmingly happy to hear that you are coming to
my home tomorrow. Unfortunately, i will be leaving today to attend my best friend's marriage ceremony and will come by tomorrow evening.

As I will be not at home and you will definitely need keys, so i have made an arrangement. You should not be bothered about the keys. I will leave my home keys with my neighbour Mr.Khan and you can take keys from him by giving him my reference. I suppose It will be better if you can call me, so that,i will ask him to hand over keys to you.

As i heard, you are coming by train and will need some sort of transport to travel to my home. So upon reaching the railway station, you will find nearby a bus stop and a taxi stand. However, I suggest you should come by a bus as it is economical and the stop, where you will leave the bus, is also nearer to my house. It will take 15 minutes from station to home.

Once you reach, i advise you to take a shower and relax a bit. Also If you are feeling hungry you can find some food in fridge. I hope I will reach home by tomorrow evening. I have planned that we will go to the river side. There is a new cinema opened nearby and may be we can watch a movie later at night.

I am already looking forward to your great company.

Yours truely,
Ahmad.
AhmadMukhtiar

Re: Please evaluate task 1

Post by AhmadMukhtiar »

Can anybody suggest me to reduce the word count and give an opinin ... I will highly appreciate it.
andytruong1202

Post by andytruong1202 »

hi,

TR: answer all the questions but not in details
Grammar & Vocab: lots of mistakes, and basic vocab, simple sentences.

Would be at 5.5 - 6 for this letter.
AhmadMukhtiar

Post by AhmadMukhtiar »

thank you ...
AhmadMukhtiar

Post by AhmadMukhtiar »

Hi andytruong1202 please suggest me how can i improve my writing and avoid grammar mistakes .I shall be very thankful for your help
andytruong1202

Post by andytruong1202 »

AhmadMukhtiar wrote:Hi andytruong1202 please suggest me how can i improve my writing and avoid grammar mistakes .I shall be very thankful for your help
Try to read as many letters as you can and rewrite these letters. Then learn good vocab and notice its usage. Then, you will automatically improve your writing over time.

Good luck.
AhmadMukhtiar

Post by AhmadMukhtiar »

Thank you for providing such helpful feed back.