How to improve my letter writing

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
vishwa

How to improve my letter writing

Post by vishwa »

Hello,

You have decided to leave your job and need to inform your company about your decision.
Write a letter to your manager. In the letter,
Explain why you are leaving
Express your thanks for what you learned at the company
Suggest the sort of person who could replace you

Dear Sir,
I am Vishwa Vinutna, an employee at your company. I am writing this letter to inform you about leaving my sales- executive job.
I deeply apologize to you for making such a sudden decision of resignation. The primary reason behind this decision is the transfer oh mu husband to Chennai. As you know, he is a bank manager at the central bank and his job involves the frequent transfers.
I would always be grateful to the company for transforming me into a professional sales- executive. The friendly and cooperative atmosphere at the office encouraged me to imbibe several useful qualities such as interpersonal and management skills. Hence, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the support.
Moreover, I would like to recommend a friend of to this post. His name is John Slater who is enough experienced in the field of sales management and he is well aware of the marketing strategies. I am sure that, John would contribute his best for the development of our company by introducing the radical ideas.
Finally, I suppose you would understand my situation and think about recruiting John. I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours faithfully,
Vishwa Vinutna.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: How to improve my letter writing

Post by Flick »

vishwa wrote:Hello,

You have decided to leave your job and need to inform your company about your decision.
Write a letter to your manager. In the letter,
Explain why you are leaving
Express your thanks for what you learned at the company
Suggest the sort of person who could replace you

Dear Sir,

I am Vishwa Vinutna, an employee at your company. I am writing this letter to inform you about leaving my sales- executive job.(<--Reword to: "Please accept this letter of resignation.")

I deeply apologize to you for making such a sudden decision of resignation.(<--Reword to: "I apologize for the suddenness of this decision.") The primary reason is the transfer of my husband to Chennai. As you know, he is a bank manager at the central bank and his job involves frequent transfers.

I will always be grateful to the company for transforming me into a professional sales executive. The friendly and cooperative atmosphere at the office taught me several useful qualities such as interpersonal and management skills. Hence, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the support.

Moreover, I would like to recommend a friend to this post. His name is John Slater. He is very experienced in the field of sales management and he is well aware of marketing strategies. I am sure that John would contribute his best for the development of our company by introducing new ideas.

Finally, I suppose you would understand my situation and think about recruiting John.(<--Delete this sentence.) I look forward to hearing from you.(<--Reword to: "Thank you again for employing me, I enjoyed my time here.")

Yours faithfully,
Vishwa Vinutna.
vishwa

Post by vishwa »

Thank you Flick

Here is an essay and letter kindly assess it and give me a feedback.

Some people believe that zoos where animals are kept in man-made environment should no longer exist in the 21st century. Do you agree or disagree?

Zoos are the places where several animals are kept. Some groups of people consider that zoos should be banned in the 21st century as they snatch the freedom of animals. However, I disagree with the given notion because of the benefits zoos provide such as protection of animals, education and entertainment, lastly maintenance of ecological balance.

To begin with, most of the animals these days are gradually losing their natural habitats because of deforestation and natural calamities. So in this cases, zoos prove to be beneficial for animals as they get a safer place to live in. zoos also provide enough place for large animals. Hence, it pertinent to consider zoos should no longer exist. Furthermore, in past few decades, several animals are moving towards extinction because of poaching and illegal trade of animals. For example, in country like India, tigers are being extricated and hence left over tigers are being protected by keeping them in zoos. Consequently, government of India to increase their number has initiated numerous breeding programs.

In addition, zoos act as a huge source of knowledge for children since they can relish the opportunity of watching animals closely. The images of animals which they see in their textbooks can be seen live in the zoos and they can also get entertained. Finally, zoos help in maintaining ecological balance by saving several animals. If animals’ extinction continues without being addressed then in the long run, it disturbs the natural life cycle and ultimately end in dangerous consequences. Therefore, it is not correct to think of a world without zoos.

Taking into consideration all the above points, I believe that zoos should not be banned as they are safe living places for many animals.

Write a letter to the environment officer in your area complaining about the garbage problem in your neighborhood and say
- What is causing the problem?
- Why is it bothering you?
- Suggest a solution to rectify the problem.

Dear Sir,

My name is Vishwa Vinutna, a resident of Square villa colony. I am writing this letter to complain you about litter problem in our neighborhood.

The main problem is rubbish collecting van does not come regularly, because of this, the litter is heavily being deposited on the road. After, two days it produces bad smell that is harmful for us. Moreover, it attracts various insects and microorganisms. Sometimes, in windy atmosphere, garbage is dispersed on the entire lane, which makes the colony untidy.

This situation has worsened when one of my neighbors became sick because of awful atmosphere of colony. I am concerned about the safety of my family members and residents of colony. Hence, I believe this problem should be solved as early as possible.

To address this problem, I suppose that the rubbish should be collected daily or at least on alternate days to prevent the accumulation of waste. As a responsible environmental officer, you have to look into this issue and implement stern rules to avoid these kinds of problems.

I look forward to seeing prompt action from you.

Yours sincerely,
Vishwa Vinutna.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

vishwa wrote: Some people believe that zoos where animals are kept in man-made environment should no longer exist in the 21st century. Do you agree or disagree?

Zoos are places where wild and exotic animals are kept. Some groups of people believe that zoos should be banned in the 21st century as they steal the animals' freedom. However, I disagree with the given notion because of the benefits zoos provide, such as protection of animals, education and entertainment, and lastly, maintenance of ecological balance.

To begin with, many animals these days are losing their natural habitats because of deforestation and natural calamities. Zoos have proven to be beneficial for animals as they provide a safe place to live. Zoos also provide enough space for large animals. Hence, it is pertinent to ensure zoos exist. Furthermore, in recent decades, several animals have started moving towards extinction because of poaching and illegal trade. For example, in counties like India, tigers are being hunted and smuggled out of the country, and hence left over tigers are being protected by keeping them in zoos. Consequently, the government of India has initiated numerous breeding programs to increase their number.

In addition, zoos act as a huge source of knowledge for children since they can relish the opportunity of watching animals closely. The images of animals which they see in their textbooks can be seen live in zooswhich is entertaining and educating. Finally, zoos help in maintaining ecological balance by saving several animals. If animal extinction continues without being addressed, then in the long run, it disturbs the natural life cycle and ultimately ends in dangerous consequences. Therefore, it is not correct to think of a world without zoos.

Taking into consideration all the above points, I believe that zoos should not be banned as they are safe living places for many animals.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

vishwa wrote: Write a letter to the environment officer in your area complaining about the garbage problem in your neighborhood and say
- What is causing the problem?
- Why is it bothering you?
- Suggest a solution to rectify the problem.

Dear Sir,

My name is Vishwa Vinutna, a resident of Square Villa colony. I am writing this letter to complain about the litter problem in our neighborhood.

The main problem is the rubbish collecting van does not come regularly. Because of this, rubbish is being deposited on the road. This rubbish is left untouched for several days, and then produces a bad smell that is harmful to our health. Moreover, it attracts various insects and microorganisms. Sometimes, on windy days, garbage is dispersed throughout the entire area, which makes the neighborhood untidy.

This situation worsened when one of my neighbors became sick due to the excessive litter. I am concerned about the safety of my family members and residents of the area. Hence, I believe this problem should be solved as early as possible.

To address this problem, I would suggest that the rubbish should be collected daily or at least on alternate days to prevent the accumulation of waste. As a responsible environmental officer, please look into this issue and implement stern rules to avoid these kinds of problems.

I look forward to seeing prompt action from you.

Yours sincerely,
Vishwa Vinutna.