hi, i m from islamabad - pakistan

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
mari

hi, i m from islamabad - pakistan

Post by mari »

Hello everyone,
I m a housewife having two kids. My daughter is 1 year old and son is of 5 years. I intend to apply for immigration and need to do score band7. Since i m a motmother and i don't have any help in my households, i am not able to study enough. Still i am trying my best to prepare well. My writing skill is a bit weak which i require to improve.
Any tips in this regard would be helpful.
I will also appreciate if someone tell me about a ielts teacher which could help me with the same ONLY FOR A WEEK EVEN, as i cannnot go to take regular classes. I have booked my ielts exams on 15 march 2014.

Regards
Mari
Ryan

Re: hi, i m from islamabad - pakistan

Post by Ryan »

Hi Mari,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for providing a bit about your situation and goal. Yes, I can imagine being a full time mom would be demanding. Perhaps you could listen to podcasts as you carry out your daily routine? There are lots of really helpful resources out there available to you completely free of charge. Just fire up iTunes, go to the iTunes Store and search for "IELTS" or "English grammar" or perhaps a program on a topic you find interesting.

Good luck!
Larry
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by Larry »

Hello Mari,

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure it is hard to raise two children and prepare for the IELTS. In addition to podcasts, as Ryan mentioned, there are some great YouTube videos out there to help with writing.

I think Ryan might be being humble. He has some great videos that specifically focus on writing. His videos have helped a lot of people with their writing. You can check out his channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrhTJTTUp9Kx2KEoxGp2QA

Hope some of the videos help! Writing is a lot easier once you learn the structure of a good response.
If you like my advice, you might consider checking out my website IELTS Boot Camp.

There you can find lots of speaking, writing, reading, and listening tips.

You can also find a ton of speaking practice questions.
mari

Post by mari »

Thankyou so much Ryan and Larry.
Really grateful for your references for help.

I also need to contact someone from my city who is appearing for the exam on 15th March 2014. If anyone interested please reply on forum to get contact details.
masimshehzad

Post by masimshehzad »

Here is Asim from Lahore :)
A well reputed, established and, social media famous(thousands of likes), IELTS business which daily attracts students enquiries, is set for sale. Contact me if you need it.