General Training - 17th May - Chicago, USA

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
IELTS Student

General Training - 17th May - Chicago, USA

Post by IELTS Student »

Listening:
Section 1: Gym membership
Section 2: Recycling procedure
Section 3: 2 Students talking about selection of Management courses in different states
Section 4: Environmental issues(Otter, Kelp evolution, Killer whales behavior, Human impacts on resources)
Note: No chart

Reading:
Section 1: Advertisement on different England markets
Section 2: Art festival(True or False)
Section 3: Employee code of conduct (Fill in the blanks)
Section 4: Evolution of speech (Match the heading, Choose the best answer, Writer's general opinion on the passage)
Note: Section 4 had about 10 small size paragraphs

Writing:
Task 1: Letter to manager of a hotel
When was the trip?
Describe about a thing that was forgotten?
What you want him to do?
Task 2: Governments spend large amount of money in art and work such as painting and sculptures in public places?
Is it a good or bad thing?

Speaking:
Section 1:
What is your full name?
Is your living town good or bad?
Is it a good place for family?
What do you think about museums?
Have you visited any museum during childhood?

Section 2:
Talk about a celebration that you recently attended
When was it?
Where was it?
How did it happen and did you enjoy it?

Follow up questions:
What is the most important celebration in your country?
Do people celebrate more personal celebration or national celebration?
Do you like receiving gifts? What is the recent one you received?
Is it a good thing that people spend lots of money in marriages?
Is it a culture in your country to pass the wedding outfits, jewels?

I am awaiting for my May 30th results, will make sure to contact you with the band.

Good luck everyone!
Ryan

Re: General Training - 17th May - Chicago, USA

Post by Ryan »

Very detailed. Thank you very much, IELTS Student. :)
nileshmudgal

Post by nileshmudgal »

Hi Guys,

For the Essay question on 17th GT exam in India was :
Some People Says Best Solution to reduce Traffic problem is Build more roads in Cities.

WhHi Guys,

For the Essay question on 17th GT exam in India was :
Some People Says Best Solution to reduce Traffic problem is Build more roads in Cities.

What is your opinion?

I wrote essay is Argument Style by disaggreing the above statemnts and Developed my essay with two other important factors to considered equally important for Traffice and suggested solution as well. I have also wrote it is not possible to widen the roads because of space crunch in metro cities and emphasized more on other soultion like inmproving Public Transport and social awareness about Car Pooling and Imposong Green Taxes on Familieis who ows more car.

Will it be ok to answer this way because when i came out many people said they developed it in Cause and effect way , few did in Advantage and disadavatge way...

I have concluded with recommendation as well.

@ Ryan : Could you please let me know tyour valuable feedback here?at is your opinion?

I wrote essay is Argument Style by disaggreing the above statemnts and Developed my essay with two other important factors to considered equally important for Traffice and suggested solution as well. I have also wrote it is not possible to widen the roads because of space crunch in metro cities and emphasized more on other soultion like inmproving Public Transport and social awareness about Car Pooling and Imposong Green Taxes on Familieis who ows more car.

Will it be ok to answer this way because when i came out many people said they developed it in Cause and effect way , few did in Advantage and disadavatge way...

I have concluded with recommendation as well.

@ Ryan : Could you please let me know tyour valuable feedback here?
toufy

Post by toufy »

thanks a lot for your details that useful for me.
i am going to take the IELTS exam in 7th June for immigration to Canada with my family,my language isn't quiet good specialty in the writing .pls give me your suggestion to improve the writing and speaking skills.
can i talk with you by skype.
best regards
toufy
abee

Post by abee »

toufy wrote:thanks a lot for your details that useful for me.
i am going to take the IELTS exam in 7th June for immigration to Canada with my family,my language isn't quiet good specialty in the writing .pls give me your suggestion to improve the writing and speaking skills.
can i talk with you by skype.
best regards
toufy
please if you can contact me,i have test in a 20 days.how was it,i need it also for canada immig.