Please help me assess this speaking (2)!!!!!!!!!!

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
nguyenquanghuy

Please help me assess this speaking (2)!!!!!!!!!!

Post by nguyenquanghuy »

Below are another three questions in part III. Please help me evaluate them. Thank you!

Question 1: What do you think real love means?
Question 2: What do you think the goal of travelling should be?
Question 3: What do you think is important in a friendship?
Attachments
important_elements_of_a_friendship.mp3
(911.47 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
goal_of_travelling.mp3
(964.53 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
real_love.mp3
(838 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Please help me assess this speaking (2)!!!!!!!!!!

Post by lmoore »

Hello, again. In the recording about the elements of friendship, I again want to commend you on your use of vocabulary. You use words like “crucial,” and regularly use the words in such a way that it sounds natural and unforced. You have apparently worked hard building your vocabulary. Nice work.
I will again suggest that you work on the pronunciation of /l/ and /r/ as it can be difficult to understand you at times. This was true for me especially with the word “hurt.” The /r/ sound was almost not there at all.
The word “honesty” is pronounced HON est ee, and you emphasized the second syllable. It sounded more like hon IS tee to me. You might take some time to study syllable emphasis as well. Here are a few videos to get you started:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRwTX6iG9Ms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65AgbiwQ6ko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08qBN29mIBs
You also demonstrated a solid understanding of using parallel structure in your sentences when you said, “being friends means sharing.” So good work there!
Take care, and best wishes!
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

You have great ideas, and you organize them well. Your vocabulary is fantastic and so is your grammar (“if I were to choose, . . .I would choose the former,” for example), as I’ve noted before, but I would encourage you to reduce the number of fillers you use, like, “umm. . .” It detracts from your overall fluency and can make it sometimes difficult to concentrate as well on the content of your message.”

Also, keep working on expanding your answers. It is important that you give the interviewer enough of a sample to go off of to give you an accurate score. A couple of minutes of speaking can help them identify your strengths and weaknesses in an honest reflection of your capabilities.

Nice work!
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

Here are some grammar notes from this recording:

-“To love to me is a feeling to what people who are important and close to me.” – You might rephrase this as “Love is a feeling is what I feel for people who are important and close to me.” You started off with “to love,” an infinitive, so I would expect that same structure to be used in the next part of the sentence, like, “To love is to (verb). . .” However, if you do this, it might be difficult to complete the sentence as you would like to. So I would probably stick with changing “to love” to a gerund/noun to make it easier to express the idea.

--“and for their well-beings” – “Well-being” is not a noun you want to use in the plural. This phrase would just be “and for their well-being.”

Keep up the good work!
nguyenquanghuy

Post by nguyenquanghuy »

Once again thank you so much, Imoore