General Training Task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
centigradz

General Training Task 2

Post by centigradz »

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. Greetings for the great work you're doing here.

This is my attempt to write an essay for the general training task 2. Can anybody give me an indication about which band is this essay? It would be really helpful for me.

Thanks in advance.

Topic:
Some people consider computers to be more of a hindrance than a help. Others believe that they have greatly increased human potential.

How could computers be considered a hindrance?

My Essay:
A minority of people think of computers as a hindrance than a help. While many others believe that they increased human potential. Whether a computer is a useful object or not depends on how we use it.

With the advance of technology, computers are becoming a part of our life. But, still there are a lot of people who don’t know how to use it. Therefore, it is common to see that these people consider the computer as a hindrance. The main reason for this is that, these people as children, haven’t had all this technology. Otherwise the would have learned to use computers. While, this is not the case with the younger generation. For example, I had my first computer at the age of 10. And at school I was given the access to the computer room. So, I can say that I grew up in a digital age.

On the other hand, computers nowadays control everything, from bank accounts to healthcare systems. So, the lives of those who know to work with computers are becoming easier. For example, we don’t anymore need to go to hospital to make an appointment with a doctor. Because, with the computerization of hospitals we can make an appointment just by providing our details to the computer. Meanwhile, there are lots of schools that are modernizing their computer labs and providing their students the access to classroom works via digital devices. Therefore, in the near future we will see children learning in virtual classrooms.

In my opinion, computers are not a hindrance. They are a result of human ingenious and creativity. So, I think that educating people on how to use computers could make everyones life easier.
Farhan

Re: General Training Task 2

Post by Farhan »

Good essay
But in the first line you have to write "that" instead of "of"
centigradz

Post by centigradz »

Farhan wrote:Good essay
But in the first line you have to write "that" instead of "of"
Thanks Farhan, which band you think this essay is?
jhayskie27

Post by jhayskie27 »

Good esssay but avoid typing the same words try to paraphrase them for examplr hindrance to something like obstacle, hurdle, impediment etc. avoid contraction like don't, use do not instead to make it more appealing to the examiner.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

centigradz wrote: Topic:
Some people consider computers to be more of a hindrance than a help. Others believe that they have greatly increased human potential.

My Essay:
A minority of people think of computers as a hindrance than a help. While many others believe that they increased human potential. Whether a computer is a useful object or not depends on how we use it.

With the advance of technology, computers are becoming a part of our life. But there are still a lot of people who don’t know how to use it. Therefore, it is easy to understand why these people consider the computer as a hindrance. The main reason for this is that these people haven't grown up with all this technology. Otherwise they would have learned to use computers. However, this is not the case with the younger generation. For example, I had my first computer at the age of 10, and at school I was given access to the computer room. So, I can say that I grew up in a digital age.

On the other hand, computers nowadays control everything, from bank accounts to healthcare systems. So, the lives of those who know to work with computers are becoming easier. For example, we don’t need to go to hospital to make an appointment with a doctor anymore. Because, with the computerization of hospitals, we can make an appointment just by providing our details to the computer. Meanwhile, there are lots of schools that are modernizing their computer labs and providing their students access to classroom work via digital devices. Therefore, in the near future we will see children learning in virtual classrooms.

In my opinion, computers are not a hindrance. They are a result of human ingenuity and creativity. So, I think that educating people on how to use computers could make everyone's life easier.
centigradz

Post by centigradz »

Flick wrote:
centigradz wrote: Topic:

My Essay:

With the advance of technology, computers are becoming a part of our life. But there are still a lot of people who don’t know how to use it. Therefore, it is easy to understand why these people consider the computer as a hindrance. The main reason for this is that these people haven't grown up with all this technology. Otherwise they would have learned to use computers. However, this is not the case with the younger generation. For example, I had my first computer at the age of 10, and at school I was given access to the computer room. So, I can say that I grew up in a digital age.

On the other hand, computers nowadays control everything, from bank accounts to healthcare systems. So, the lives of those who know to work with computers are becoming easier. For example, we don’t need to go to hospital to make an appointment with a doctor anymore. Because, with the computerization of hospitals, we can make an appointment just by providing our details to the computer. Meanwhile, there are lots of schools that are modernizing their computer labs and providing their students access to classroom work via digital devices. Therefore, in the near future we will see children learning in virtual classrooms.

In my opinion, computers are not a hindrance. They are a result of human ingenuity and creativity. So, I think that educating people on how to use computers could make everyone's life easier.

Thank you Flick