Please rate my first ever attempt

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
kweni16

Please rate my first ever attempt

Post by kweni16 »

Hi guys, if you've seen my post at the introductions section you would know my history. I'm really in a crunch time right now. Please help me with my attempt to take IELTS. Here's my very first try in writing. I will also post the image of the question.
Here's my answer, I tried to do it under 20 minutes and I ran out of time so I hurried it up:

The two maps represent what the island looks like before and after a tourist attraction was built. It graphically shows the added structures and terrain changes.
From being an uninhabited island that has nothing on it but trees and a small beach on its western tip, it has been developed into a resort for tourists. The major changes would be the pier that's been built at the southern part of the island for easy boat access, the land modification to serve as passageways for tourists on foot or by vehicle and the main resort facilities such as a restaurant, reception and accommodations. More or less a thousand meters of paved land was created for vehicle access and the rest of the path is only accessible by foot. No changes were made to the beach and no trees were cut down so as to preserve the island.
All in all, the resort built on the island simply made it accessible for people to enjoy and did not destroy the island in the process.

Please rate my writing accordingly. All comments, tips and advise, may it be violent, is gladly accepted. Thank you guys!
For enjoyable and informative reading, visit 5Archive
iristja

Re: Please rate my first ever attempt

Post by iristja »

I tried to answer the same, which has become a slightly different story. I look yours better! You used many 'difficult' words but although that it is short but simple.

Well as you can see in the pictures of the islands, the infrastructure changed heavily after some tourist facilities were added. There is a huge difference between the island before the construction of villages, roads and other facilities and afterwards. In the first paragraph I will describe what changes, in the second paragraph what stayed the same and in the end in will conclude the main findings.
Before the island did not had an harbour with a pier, so boats and especially sailing ships could reach the island. Furthermore some houses were build which formed three small villages in which people can stay overnight. Because visitors to the island should also get something to eat, a restaurant was also build. A reception was established so travellers can check in and receive general information about the island.
Although it look likes much has changed, we should not forget many things also stayed the same at the island. As you can see both the shape of the island and its size did not change at all. Also the nature, which consists of 12 trees stayed almost the same. Only one tree decided to move from the left part of the island to the right.
As anyone can see in the picture, the island had made some large changes because of the construction of touristic facilities but it did not completely changed and some things stayed the same.
kweni16

Re: Please rate my first ever attempt

Post by kweni16 »

I'm no expert at this but I saw a couple of grammatical errors on your answer but you were able to point out the important parts. I didn't actually use "difficult" words, just thought of possible synonyms because I heard that examiners don't like repetitive words...
For enjoyable and informative reading, visit 5Archive