My trip

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
amrhosam_007

My trip

Post by amrhosam_007 »

please listen and evaluate my speaking .
in this module i was answering the following questions
i am describing a trip i have taken recently
1- where you went ?
2-who went with you ?
3-why you went there ?

and describe some things you saw and did on your trip
any criticism would be appreciated guys . i have my exams scheduled on the 29th of january
Attachments
Trip.mp3
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 272 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: My trip

Post by lmoore »

Hello, Amrhosam_007,
It sounds like you are studying for the IELTS with your friend with whom you went to Spain! Awesome! I am so glad that you guys got to take this trip together.
First, I would say that your speaking speed is good. However, you should consider working on the “th” sound because it often sounds like you are saying “z” instead. Make sure your tongue is between your teeth as you say this sound, especially in short words that come up often in English, like “the,” “that,” “this,” “these,” “those,” etc.
I would also encourage you to use some more transitions in your speech. This will help organize it a bit more and help the listener know where you are in answering the questions on the task card. If you are moving to answer a different question, you can use signposting words and phrases like, “turning to ___,” and “moving on to.” “Additionally,” “furthermore,” “next,” etc. can help you add information to one topic. You did have a good conclusion. I like that you said which of all the cities you liked the best.
Regarding vocabulary, I would say that you have a rather good command of it, using words and phrases like “organized city” and “monuments.” Keep building your vocabulary, though, for each topic you practice. One thing I would caution you on, however, is to not repeat yourself. You said “combine” several times, and you used it incorrectly at least once.
Here are some grammar notes:
We all working right now – We ARE all working right now (present progressive)
We all considered it would give us the best experience – We all THOUGHT
combines historical view and it also has modern places – combines historical views and modern places
it also combines one of the best historical cities in the world – it IS one of the best…
when the Islamic world has the rule over Spain – past tense , HAD
which is pretty amazing place – which is A pretty amazing place
we went to couple of clubs – we went to A couple of clubs
I would choose Barcelona my best choice out of all the cities we saw. – I would consider Barcelona the best city of all those we saw.
Best regards as you continue to practice!