Please give me advice

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
DocFM

Please give me advice

Post by DocFM »

Please give advice that how I can improve my speaking.
thanks

http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/download/file.php?id=385
Attachments
4.mp3
(2.54 MiB) Downloaded 197 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Please give me advice

Post by lmoore »

Hello, DocFM,

Thank you for sharing your recording with us about the weather in England. I lived in Scotland for a year, so I understand what you’re talking about with how fast the weather changes.

First, I would say that your speaking is quite easy to understand, for the most part. There are a couple of problems, such as when you have a “th” sound. You often seem to say this as “zh.” Make sure your tongue is between your teeth or right behind your top teeth as you say this sound. Also the word “clothes” only has one syllable, so it’s not “cloth-ez,”

Your vocabulary is quite good as well. You used the word “extent,” “changeable,” and “nonstop.” One good transition word you used was “nevertheless.”

I believe that grammar is the area most in need of improvement. Here are some notes:

-advice with my speaking – advice ON my speaking
-English people talks – English people talk (no “s”)
-what’s the extent of people talking about the weather – what the extent is of people talking about the weather, or [I didn’t know] the extent of people talking about the weather.
-that is the main reason people talking about the weather a lot – that is the main reason people TALK about the weather a lot
- We couldn’t go out for local park to play football - We couldn’t go out TO THE local park to play football
-Children put on their wellingtons – THE children put on their wellingtons.
- we walked around about 15 or 20 minutes and come and all clothes was wet through – we walked around about 15 or 20 minutes and WENT HOME, and our clothes WERE wet through/thoroughly wet.
- listen my recording and give me the advice – listen TO my recording and give me advice (no THE)

Best wishes as you continue to practice!
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

See that the previous poster has already made some points I was going to.

"English people talks" etc. - focus on grammar - maybe many errors.

Also pronunciation a bit: "clothes".

From your style of speaking, are you from Turkey or Iran?
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
DocFM

Post by DocFM »

Thank you very much for a detailed feedback, it looks like I need some tuition.