ielts test 18oct questions

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
raster27

Re: ielts test 18oct questions

Post by raster27 »

I got L7.5, R6.5, W7 & S7,,,I needed 7 each. :(
fzsdjbncf2000

Post by fzsdjbncf2000 »

L9.0 R9.0 W7.5 S8.0 OA8.5

Writing sucks...
ssrkri

Post by ssrkri »

Hi Ryan,
I took my 2nd IELTS exam on 18th Oct. I was pretty much confident of getting a band of 7 or 7.5 in Reading test but shockingly I ended up with a band of 5.5. I really don't believe this low score.
Unfortunately this is 2nd time I am getting the same reading score of 5.5.
I did a good practice of reading by setting stop watch and managing myself to read and understand more reading contents in news papers and other IELTS books and blogs. I am looking for a score of 6 in each module and Reading is the only module where I am not getting the marks.

I am trying for Canada Immigration and I had to get my score ready by this year!!.
I am thinking of applying for revaluation especially on Reading module.

Could you suggest me the chance of getting high score in Reading.

Thank you,
Sridhar
+91-9740060207
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

ssrkri wrote:Hi Ryan,
I took my 2nd IELTS exam on 18th Oct. I was pretty much confident of getting a band of 7 or 7.5 in Reading test but shockingly I ended up with a band of 5.5. I really don't believe this low score.
Unfortunately this is 2nd time I am getting the same reading score of 5.5.
I did a good practice of reading by setting stop watch and managing myself to read and understand more reading contents in news papers and other IELTS books and blogs. I am looking for a score of 6 in each module and Reading is the only module where I am not getting the marks.

I am trying for Canada Immigration and I had to get my score ready by this year!!.
I am thinking of applying for revaluation especially on Reading module.

Could you suggest me the chance of getting high score in Reading.

Thank you,
Sridhar
+91-9740060207
Here is advice from my 100% free site (http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/stu ... s-strategy).

IELTS Reading Text Analysis Strategy

1. A key issue for the IELTS is, especially for the Academic perhaps, there is limited time to read the text, check the questions and refer to the text again - it is only possible to read once sometimes.

2. What is the solution? Clearly, you cannot read approximately 2,500-3000 words twice during the exam, without much difficulty perhaps.

3. You need to have a system, which allows you to quickly analyse the text and answer the questions and here is a suggestion for that – if you have improvements, please let us know.

4. First of all, try to underline the key words/phrases AND make a short summary next to each paragraph.

5. The first question, what are the key words/phrases? Key words can be nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs and negative axuiliaries etc.. You can find out some information about these at the following link: "https://www.englishclub.com/pronunciati ... -rules.htm" - not all will be important. For each situation, you will have to make a decision and underline them in the text.

6. Also, make sure to look at the title of the page, to try and get an idea of what the topic is about.

7. Next, make a short summary next to each paragraph for a few words, such as the following graphic.

8. Now, when you need to, for example match a question with a paragraph, you might not have to read through everything again.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
jkj90

Post by jkj90 »

I also took IELTS exam on 18 oct but have still not received the result. My exam centre was in India. Got a mail - "due to system error your result will not be available till 14 nov." This is not fair. Anyone facing same situation?
waynecoffee

Post by waynecoffee »

good
i have taken the ielts 10/18

these questions are really precise.