IELTS GT Writing Task 1 - Pls Comment on my letter attempt 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.

Estimated Band Score

No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 0

charles205

IELTS GT Writing Task 1 - Pls Comment on my letter attempt 2

Post by charles205 »

You forgot a coat at your friend’s house last weekend. Write a letter to him/her and say
-where do you think it might be?
-what does the coat look like?
-Suggest some options to get it back

Dear John,

First of all let me forward my heartiest thanks to you and Emma for providing me with the best possible accommodation I could have expected during may visit in last weekend. Another reason why I am writing is recklessly I have forgotten my favourite coat just before I left.

As I got caught in rain on my way to your place, I used the drier which was placed to the left corner of the room and hanged it in the wall mounted hanger. Because it was a gift from my wife on our engagement day, can you imagine my feelings after I learned that I have left it at your place. Furthermore, it is navy blue “Hameedia” made and the label can be seen clearly in the inner left side, just below the pocket.

Since I want to wear it on my graduation day, which is coming on next week, I would like you to send it by express mail, where I can receive it within 3 days if you post it tomorrow. I am so sorry to bother you again, but I will owe you if you do so, and I want my wife to be surprised seeing me wearing it during the graduation.

Please reply me with your bank account details, and I will credit the delivery charges. I hope this plan is acceptable to you. Thank you once again.

Yours,
Smith
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: IELTS GT Writing Task 1 - Pls Comment on my letter attem

Post by Flick »

charles205 wrote:You forgot a coat at your friend’s house last weekend. Write a letter to him/her and say
-where do you think it might be?
-what does the coat look like?
-Suggest some options to get it back

Dear John,

First of all let me forward my heartiest thanks to you and Emma for providing me with the best possible accommodation I could have expected during my visit last weekend. Another reason why I am writing is because I have forgotten my favourite coat.

As I got caught in the rain on my way to your place, I used your drier and hung my coat on the wall mounted hanger. Because it was a gift from my wife on our engagement day, can you imagine my feelings after I realised that I left it at your place? Furthermore, it is navy blue, “Hameedia” made and the label can be seen clearly in the inner left side, just below the pocket.

Since I want to wear it on my graduation day, which is next week, can you please send it to me by express mail so I can receive it within 3 days if you post it tomorrow. I am so sorry to bother you again, but I will owe you if you do so, and I want to surprise my wife by wearing it during the graduation.

Please reply to me with your bank account details and I will credit the delivery charges. I hope this plan is acceptable to you. Thank you once again.

Yours,
Smith