Best Books for Taking IELTS General test

Share a copyright friendly link, video or MP3.
vijjan

Best Books for Taking IELTS General test

Post by vijjan »

Hi All,

I am preparing for IELTS - General.

Need your advise in buying best book with prctice and tips for Listening / Reading / Writing and Speaking with 10-12 quality test papers with answers.

I wish to share my practice samples with you to get your opinion.

Best Regards
vijjan
Ryan

Re: Best Books for Taking IELTS General test

Post by Ryan »

Hi Vijjan,

Cambridge past test paper books are a good start. Have you picked a few of these up yet? I guess a good first step if you are just starting your studies is to assess your current band and then compare it to your target band. You may find there are skills you can prioritize over others in your study plan. I don't mean to detract your thread, but you may be interested to read a bit about how to start studying for the IELTS here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1333

Good luck,
Ryan
muhammad.adil

Post by muhammad.adil »

Assalam O Alaikum!

Dear Mr. Ryan,

You are a nice & good teacher for IELTS students, & really I am impressed with you....

I am living in Saudi Arabia and want to apply for Canada Immigration, So! I need your suggestion because my English speaking specially not good.

First tell me how much I need score band for getting my immigration for Canada
2nd please guide me how I will start my preparation for IELTS

Thanks
Ravian

Post by Ravian »

Dear Mr. Adil,

Let me clear you that as per CIC min 6 band in each section needed to score for Canada immigration.
Moreover,if you share the details of education, work and english experience i may be able to burgeon your case.

Regards,
Rashid Ali
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Ravian wrote:Dear Mr. Adil,

Let me clear you that as per CIC min 6 band in each section needed to score for Canada immigration.
Moreover,if you share the details of education, work and english experience i may be able to burgeon your case.

Regards,
Rashid Ali
Thank you for the details, Rashid. I am not an expert on the Canadian immigration process. If you have been through (or are going through) the steps to become a Canadian right now, I would love to hear more about it. I'm sure others on the forum would like to know, too.
Scarlett

Post by Scarlett »

would you please suggest me the writing material you bought as i also intend to retake ielts
thanks in advance