WT2-YOUNG PEOPLE WHO GO TO UNIVERSITY. DISCUSS+OPINION

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
bench

WT2-YOUNG PEOPLE WHO GO TO UNIVERSITY. DISCUSS+OPINION

Post by bench »

Topic: Some people believe that a country benefits greatly from a high percentage of young people who go to university, while others argue that it only leads to graduate unemployment. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

People have different views about the outcome of high proportion of young students attending university. While some people argued that it will only lead to unemployment, I personally believe that this will eventually contribute to country’s economy positively.

A high proportion of a certain university course graduates with less demand in the market certainly affects the country’s economy negatively. In Philippines, there is a high supply of nurses but there is a poor demand. As a result, most of them are not able to practice their profession and basically see themselves staying at home, wasting the education they hardly earned. This only means that even if a college graduate already hold a bachelor’s degree, it is not the only basis to secure a position.

On the other hand, I believe that benefits are inevitable to country’s economy on high percentage of university students. These students will be able to hold a college degree which is vital in landing a job either local or international. The tighter competition which is obviously seen in business world today gives them an edge in terms of education requirements to be hired easily. For instance, although locally, nurses has a narrow chance for employment, there is a greater opportunity waiting for them overseas. If they land a job internationally, their remittances will contribute to its country’s economy that eventually be a great help to support the states projects.

In conclusion, a high percentage of young students who enrolled in university are considered asset to its country, therefore I do not believe that this will only lead to unemployment.