Task 2- online education. Please give me some comments. Thanks

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Tracy Do

Task 2- online education. Please give me some comments. Thanks

Post by Tracy Do »

In modern society, some people argue that schools become unnecessary as children can study at home via the Internet. Do you agree or disagree?

Cutting-edged technology and availability of the Internet nowadays facilitate studying, thus allowing children to stay at home without going to school. Some people; however, believe that this online mode could not take place of the traditional one in the future.
The Internet helps studying more convenient thanks to connecting students and teachers no matter far the distance is among them. Children could, without doubt, register for online courses lectured by well-qualified professors of the most prestigious universities in over the world only with a computer having access to the Internet. This online method also makes studying easier by providing learners with flexible timetable. They can learn whenever they want without little care about rigid curriculum of the conventional education.
I; nevertheless, believe that distance learning cannot substitute offline lessons in the future because of its drawbacks. It possibly cannot cover the task of educating ethics as schools can due to the lack of the real interaction between teachers and students. Unlike virtual talks on the Internet, face-to-face conversations in schools, up to a point, contribute to shape children’s behavior, help them distinguish the right and wrong thanks to teachers’ guide. In addition, well-customized lectures with aids such as visuals and lively body languages could inspire students rather than repetitive lessons videoed before. Not surprisingly, online learners would find online study boring and then be demotivated, resulting the inefficiency in learning.
All things considered, I suggest a combination of both modes in which children can take advantage of technology advances to acquire knowledge more easily, and they are also advised to go to school to learn other things that the modern learning cannot offer. If we can balance these two ways of study, our children would obtain the greatest achievement in such well-rounded education system.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Task 2- online education. Please give me some comments. Thanks

Post by Flick »

Tracy Do wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:18 am In modern society, some people argue that schools become unnecessary as children can study at home via the Internet. Do you agree or disagree?

Cutting-edge technology and the availability of the Internet nowadays facilitate studying, thus allowing children to stay at home instead of going to school. Some people, however, believe that this online method should not take the place of traditional schools in the future.

The Internet makes studying more convenient as it connects students and teachers no matter how big the distance is between them. Children could, without doubt, register for online courses lectured by well-qualified professors of the most prestigious universities in the world simply by using a computer with access to the Internet. This online method also makes studying easier by providing learners with a flexible timetable. They can learn whenever they want with little care about a rigid curriculum of conventional education.

I, nevertheless, believe that distance learning cannot substitute offline lessons in the future because of its drawbacks. For example, it possibly cannot cover the task of imparting ethics as well as schools can due to the lack of real interaction between teachers and students. Unlike virtual talks on the Internet, face-to-face conversations in schools, up to a point, contribute to shape children’s behavior, and help them distinguish right and wrong thanks to teachers’ guidance. In addition, well-customized lectures with aids such as visuals and lively body language could inspire students rather than repetitive lessons videoed previously. Not surprisingly, online learners would find online study boring and then be demotivated, resulting in inefficiency in learning.

All things considered, I suggest a combination of both modes in which children can take advantage of technological advances to acquire knowledge more easily, while they are also encouraged to go to school to learn other things that modern learning cannot offer. If we can balance these two methods of study, our children would obtain the greatest achievement in a well-rounded education system.