task 2 , exam 03/06 aim for band 7

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
raghadmamd

task 2 , exam 03/06 aim for band 7

Post by raghadmamd »

Please advise how to improve aim for band 7
Teachers used to convey information, but now with wide resources of information. Some people think that there is no role for teachers to play in modern education, others disagree. Discuss both views and give your opinion?

Education is the most powerful weapon which can be used to change the world, however the methods of teaching has dramatically changed since last few decades. Many people believe that there is no more need for teachers in classes, while others argue that teacher-led lessons is unavoidable. In my point of view, I strongly agree that teachers are the backbone of any educational system.

On the one hand, increasing number of people nowadays feel that with the advanced technology which encroaching every corner in our life, there is no place for conventional classrooms. To illustrate, many distance-learning programs do not require the student to attend in camps or schools, the learner can get all the learning modules through internet and video-conference. This new learning ways are highly implemented in postgraduate studies and to a lesser extent in tertiary education. This example makes it clear how some programs can lack real teachers in a class.

On the other hand, opponents of this opinion contest to this. They claim that in early school years the presence of the teacher is a must to guide the young pupils which type of information they should learn. Had the students in their early years in schools kept without guidance, they might have got lost in the myriad amount of information available in the internet. For example, the US educational system allow students to use their devices such as tablets and I pads during classes only with teachers’ supervision. Thus, it is understandably that even with developed techniques in education there is no way to improve without instructors.

Having discussed both points of view, although updating teaching systems allow more use of technology and less dependent on teachers, there will be a consistent need for teachers in classrooms.