Please review - Task 1 letter writing

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Murali.Arun

Please review - Task 1 letter writing

Post by Murali.Arun »

You have a test in your English class next week, but you cannot attend. Write to your teacher. In your letter

* Explain your situation
*Aplologise for not being able to take the test.
* Ask whether it is possible to take the text next time.

Dear Mr. Anand,

I am writing to request you for a favour.
I know we have an English test in chapter-5 of the textbook on Monday next week. However,
I have an dentist appointment on that day. So I cannot attend.

I am extremely sorry about being absent, but unfortunately the appointment was made a month back. Now, it's impossible to reschedule. If I give it a miss, I am afraid I have to wait for another month for the consulation with my physician. Moreover, I have an intermittent pain in my wisdom tooth
and I reckon, I can't withstand the pain and carry this forward for one more month.
Furthermore, I dont want to take any such risk to make my tooth to become worse. I hope you understand the importance of my dentist consultation on Monday.

I would be grateful, if you can arrange the exam on some other day. However, I am happy to stay back after regular school hours to attend this test, if required.

I apologise once again for the inconvenience caused to you.

I look forward your postive response in this matter.

Yours sincerely,
Murali.A
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please review - Task 1 letter writing

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

'reckon' is too informal.

The 'inconvenience' might only be to you, if the tutor disagrees!

All the points are covered. Vocabulary is good with some higher level items. Grammar is good, both in terms of range and accuracy.

So, overall, a good letter.

David
Murali.Arun

Re: Please review - Task 1 letter writing

Post by Murali.Arun »

Thank You very much for your feedback, David.