Task 2 #9

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Aky

Task 2 #9

Post by Aky »

Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
My answer:
These days, the question of whether parents or school should teach children how to be useful members of society is hotly debated. There are strong arguments on both sides of the debate and salient examples to back up them. In the following essay, I will consider both sides before a reasoned conclusion is drawn.

On the one hand, those who are in favor of parents point out that parents’ attitudes have a crucial role to play in children’s education. For example, today many young children tend to imitate parents’ character and even behavior. Furthermore, it might be said that most children mainly prefer to confide in parents rather than teachers. For instance, if youngsters face challenges in their studies or life, they are more likely to tell those obstacles with parents. Thus, it is not school’s role to teach children, parents are in fact themselves more in charge of this.

Conversely, others who oppose parents often say that school is the place where children need to study, and teachers are to teach pupils with education as well as skills. Furthermore, it is also often said that in today’s modern world, most parents are very busy with their work in offices and this means that they have no ample time to teach their children. However, if parents pay their children’s school fees on yearly or monthly basis, teachers need to teach children to be a good members of society. Therefore, this makes it clear that this is school’s responsibility but not parents’ to teach children.

Overall, I feel that the supporters of parents have the stronger argument at present. It seems that predominantly parents have a major impact on children today.
(280 words)////24.04.2017////

Can you give advise on this essay to improve beyond 7+ essays !!!????